Chapter 26: Let's Talk About Sex

Start from the beginning

"To begin," she said, "what is sex?"

"The funnest thing on Earth!" one of Ryder's buddies called out. His friends laughed and egged him on, but Will sighed.

Holly raised her brow and said, "For some people, yes. But not for others. You, what's your name?"

"Marley," said the brunnette, her voice cracking as she tried to speak up, though she didn't really want any attention on herself in this specific scenario.

"You look familiar," Holly said, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"Glee club..." Marley mumbled, a terrified look on her face.

"Oh, that's right!" Holly exclaimed with a smile. "Well, Marley. What about you? What's your definition of sex?"

"Umm..." Marley muttered nervously. "The, uh... It's umm..."

Holly smiled. "Shy?" she said. "Take it from experience. Being afraid of the word is not going to lead to any good whatsoever. You kids need to be able to talk about these things. That's key! Say it with me class. Sex! Sex! Sex! Sex!"

This time, not even the jocks chanted with her. "Umm, Holly," Will began. "Maybe we shouldn't—"

But Holly wasn't having it. "You only have to do this twice a week!" she exclaimed. "So bear with me here!"

As the kids looked back at her blankly, music began and she removed her green cardigan. Will gave her a look, rolling his eyes. He knew there'd be no escaping what was starting, not with Holly.

["Let's Talk About Sex" by Salt N' Pepa.]

Holly: Let's talk about sex, baby. Let's talk about you and me. Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be. Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex!

When Holly saw that Will wasn't participating, she gave him a small push before working the room. She began by leaning forward at the front table, facing Marley and making her uncomfortable.

Holly: Let's talk about sex for now to the people at home or in the crowd. It keeps coming up anyhow. Don't decoy, avoid, or make void the topic. Cuz that ain't gonna stop it.

She pointed a finger at Will, who swallowed all of his pride to force himself to rap again.

Will: Now we talk about sex on the radio and video shows. Many will know anything goes. Let's tell it how it is, and how it could be. How it was, and of course, how it should be.

Jake and Rory snickered, making Will roll his eyes at them. Holly, however, didn't see them or didn't care because she kept going.

Holly: Those who think it's dirty have a choice. Pick up the needle, press pause, or turn the radio off. Will that stop us, Will?

Will: I doubt it

Holly: All right then, come on, Spin

Will and Holly were back in the front and Holly smiled at Will, hoping to get him to loosen up a bit. This was not the man she'd met so many years ago and she wondered what had made him so uptight.

Holly and Will: Let's talk about sex, baby. Let's talk about you and me. Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be. Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex. Let's talk about sex!

Holly made her way to the back of the room and pulled a chair between Bree and Kitty, taking a seat in between them.

Holly: Hot to trot, make any man's eyes pop. She use what she got to get whatever she don't got. Fellas drool like fools, but then again they're only human. The chick was a hit because her body was boomin'.