Balthazar | Chpt 8

Hello!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Arms slings their way over my shoulders, and I glanced at their hands. I shoved the arms off when I realized they were Dean's, turning around.

"What?"

"Good morning to you too," he said, grinning at me.

"Uhh good morning?" I asked. He seemed to notice the lack of fluster in my speech and cheeks.

"Have any more dreams about me?"

"No...why would I?" I asked, spotting Balthazar coming down the hall. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he would assume a position at my side. We had agreed on it last night.

"Well you're clearly in lov—"

"Good morning, love," Bal said, pecking my cheek. "Oh, Dean nice to see you." I felt his familiar arm wrap around my shoulder. Dean paused, glancing between us.

"You two."

"Uhh, what?" I asked. I couldn't help but get giddy at the thought of his utter confusion.

"I didn't know you were dating."

"How could you? We've been together for a week now," he said and I nodded.

"Oh congrats, I guess. See you for tutoring or in class or whatever," Dean said, walking off. A girl almost immediately latched herself onto him as he walked away.

"Did you see that?" Bal said.

"See what?"

"He was clearly jealous."

"That just makes no sense," I shook my head. He pulled his arm from me and leaned against my locker. "He's probably just discouraged. It's harder to get in my pants that way."

"Or perhaps he's seen what an amazing person you are." I gave him a look. He shrugged and began to walk me to my first class. "So are we going to discuss boundaries? I hope the kiss on the cheek didn't upset you."

"Oh no, that's fine. I don't mind. I'd just say avoid the lips."

"Ahh afraid are we? I am very sexy, you'd probably fall in love with me."

"Shut up you hoebag," I said and he looked at me offended to which I laughed.

"So rude," he said, linking our hands as we walked.

"Dean's not here."

"Yes, but it has to be convincing doesn't it?" He replied and I shrugged. Balthazar dropped me off at class where Donna was waiting.

"Oh, whatcha got there?"

"Bal? You met him yesterday remember?"

"Oh ya, I do, but I've never seen anyone escort ya to class," she replied. I nodded, sitting back.

"Well if anyone asks, we're dating." She whipped her head towards me, staring at me.

"What the freak?"

"It's just to keep Dean off my back is all. We're not actually dating," I explained.

"Oh no, that's some dangerous stuff you're getting into," she said matter-of-factly. I exhaled.

"It's fine, it won't affect you guys that much," I replied, beginning to work on our project.

By the time I reached my third period gym, I hadn't spoken to Dean all day. I hardly expected him to jog up next to me. Jo was far faster than me and had shifted ahead slightly, and Dean sped up to take her spot.