1.2 | The Mystery of the Grumpy man

Start from the beginning

He stood up and tried to move out when something caught him by his throat and pushed him towards the wall beside the sink. The face came near, tilted his head towards the right and kept on staring at him. He had lost his voice when he saw a centipede covered in blood coming out of the empty eye socket and moved down towards the nose, which was half mutilated. The face said something inaudible. The grip around his throat tightened as he was finding it difficult to breathe, and as the lights again went off, his eyes opened. He was in the hotel bed and sweating. He looked around and saw Vipul sleeping on the other end. The clock struck 2:19 am as he sat in the bed looking out of the window.

'Wake up, Vipul, Wake up.' shouted Abhay

Vipul woke up rubbing his eyes and spoke in a sleepy tone, 'What happened?'

'I had another one.' said Abhay, looking at Vipul.

Hearing it, Vipul came back into his senses and asked, 'Are you sure?'

'Yes, I am. I don't know where it was, but I think it has to do something with this place only.' said Abhay.

'Ok... Ok, calm down and let's note down what you saw.' said Vipul.

With it, they both sat down. Abhay started narrating the entire incident in details while Vipul noted it down, pointing out certain things in Abhay's vision.

'A dark hallway with some furniture, a dead body lying at the end of the hallway is a room which looked like a dining room. Are you sure this has to do something with Mussoorie only? Maybe we can call Madhav sir and inform him.' said Vipul.

'No, Vipul. I am sure this is about this place. Trust me on it, Vipul.' said a confident Abhay.

'Ok, I believe you, but how are we going to search that place?' questioned Vipul.

'I have an idea. First thing in the morning, let's go to the place where I had a sudden flash. I think that flash at that point, and my vision is somehow related to a house in that place only.' said Abhay.

With it, they again lay down, switched off the lights. Vipul went back to sleep, but Abhay lay wide awake thinking about what he saw.

***

Episode 03

Abhay was not sure regarding the house. They reached the place where he had the flash and looked around. They parked their car at a distance. It was not difficult to recognise the house. One house stood out from others. That house gave an eerie feeling as they crossed the house.

'Something about this house is not right. I think this may be the house.' said Abhay.

Before Vipul could say anything, they saw a small girl coming out of the house. She was carrying a small doll and had a barbie backpack. Following her was a young lady, maybe in her early 30s, locking the door and coming out of the house. Both of them sat inside a car and moved out.

'Are you sure this is the same house?' Vipul inquired.

'Yes, I think so. I have a feeling about this house.' said Abhay.

'But I do not see anything nothing wrong in this house. Just an innocent girl and her mother going out. Let us check the houses on the other end.' Vipul said.

'No, Vipul. This is the house. I could feel someone was watching us from this house yesterday when we stopped here.' said Abhay.

Abhay dialled a number, 'Hello sir, how are you?'

A loud voice greeted Abhay from the other end. "How are you, Ghostbuster? Don't tell me you have a new case and you need my help.'

'You are right, sir. Actually, we are in Mussoorie.' said Abhay and explained the entire story.