9• Roommates

And this beautiful cover credit goes to Nandinixxmanik

***

"You really are my roommate." Manik repeated yet again. 'He was shocked, surprised.' would be an understatement.

"Yes I am." Nandini said, smiling widely. "If you don't believe me then see this contract for yourself." She searched through her side bag and took out the contract papers.

He looked at it and yet he was not able to believe it. "B-But I thought my roommate would be a boy."

"So are you disappointed?" She asked, looking down to the ground as she drew circles on the ground with her left foot.

"I-I never said that. I-I just haven't lived wi-with a gi-girl." He stammered a bit in nervousness. He was happy as well as confused.

"As if I have ever lived with a boy."

"Uhh umm let's just arrange our things." Manik said as he walked past her. He couldn't stop smiling like a fool.

By evening they were almost done. Nandini threw herself on the couch. "It was a tiring day."

Manik passed her the water bottle. "It sure was." He had just sat on the couch when the doorbell rang. Sighing he went to receive the door. And when he returned, he had two medium size pizza box in his hand.

Nandini jumped on her feet and took one pizza box. "You sure are my saviour." She said before opening the box.

She rubbed her hands together, already gushing over it. Manik shook his head slightly and laughed, looking at her.

He smiled sheepishly as he stared at her eating figure for more than usual.

"Manik stop staring and eat. Or shall I eat yours too after finishing mine?" Nandini said with a slice of pizza in her hand.

Manik looked and smiled wider. "Sure if you want you can."

She looked at him and let out a sharp breath. "Manik you shouldn't be this sweet. What if some other girl fall for your this sweet nature? So don't you ever act sweet around others and with me.. well.. you can be sweet to me." She smiled sheepishly.

"You look even more beautiful when you smile." He complimented as he sat beside her. She looked at him, totally surprised after hearing the compliment. She could feel her heart thumping faster with just a mere compliment from him.

Manik reached out his hand towards her and slightly patted her head. She gulped a huge amount of saliva, looking at him. He withdrew his hand after a few moment. His heart had been thumping really hard but he let that feeling slip away.

Taking a slice of his pizza in his hand, he took a bite of it while Nandini sat there frozen.

"Nandini what happened?" Manik asked.

Nandini let out a deep breath which she unknowingly had been holding. "Nothing. I-It's just that I am not used to you taking the initiation." Nandini averted her gaze and took a bite of her pizza.

She could still feel her heartbeat going wild.

"Uhh so so y-you didn't like it." He stammered, looking down. It took him so much effort to do that and he was suddenly sad thinking that she didn't like it.

Nandini shook her slightly and face palmed herself. "Who said I didn't like it?" She hit him on his shoulder ever so lightly. "I love it when you compliment me."

He turned his head to look at her. "You do?"

"Yes I do." She said as she held his hand and placed it right over her heart. "Do you feel it?"

He could feel her wild heartbeat and this made his heartbeat double. Her heartbeat was enough to tell him how much he affected her. But he almost immediately withdrew his hand realizing the position of his hand.

He could feel his cheeks and ear totally heated up. He abruptly turned his head to the other side.

"Uhh uhh I-I will go drink some water." He made the lamest excuse of all before getting up to leave. Nandini held his hand to stop him but he didn't dare to turn to look at her.

"The water bottle is there on the table." Nandini said, grinning.

"Uhh umm I didn't see it." He said as he picked up the bottle but in the process the water bottle fell on the ground. Clumsy boy.

"Manik you don't need to be so flushed around me." She held his hand and intertwined her fingers with his. "But however I like you the way you are."

He held her hand tightly and breathed out. "Nandini why do you like me? Like I am not even confident. I get nervous. I get flushed and I am so clumsy."

She came on her knees in front him as she held his hand tightly. "I like everything about you and I don't need a reason to like you. And about confidence, I know you are confident enough to hold me tightly and never let me go."

He wasn't satisfied with what she said. He had always been that under confident guy.

"Manik I have lost everyone that I have loved. My dad, my grand mum and now I don't want to lose you."

"Nandini you don't need to explain." He held her hand tightly. He didn't want her to be sad.

"No Manik let me explain. My heart was tired and I thought I would never be able to feel love again. But then you came in my life. You moved my cold heart. So you are not allowed to leave me."

He pulled her up and nodded his head. "I won't leave you."

She leaned closer to him and lightly pecked his lips. "This statement of yours is sealed now. So you can't back off." She said ever so cutely as she smiled widely.