There was no reason to be ashamed of being a true gentleman anyway. Gentlemen practiced respect for all people, restraint in all times, wholesomeness in thought and deed, and dignity in all situations. Upholdinging these four principle pillars would make anyone a gentleman, no matter who they were, what they wore, or how magnificent the mustache (although he was certainly proud of his handlebar).

All the same, he often found himself tested. Ture was hardly the most outrageous man to test him but his attitude combined with the surreal nature of this establishment was putting him on edge. He asked for another spritzer. Ture predictably sneered.

"If you want I could just jack off into a bottle for ya."

"That's quite alright, the spritzer will do. I personally don't care much for alcohol. A sensitive nose means a sensitive tongue, you know."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

As the cap was popped open, however, the door to the main parlor opened. Teresa was standing in the door, head bowed down apologetically.

"Thank you for your patience, sir. Your opponent is ready to play."

"Ah, speak of the devil. How delightful. Well, thank you for the company, Ture."

"Don't choke old man."

Of course, when Hugo first arrived at the Silver Wheel Gambling House, he had the same confused reaction that any level-headed man would. But with the mellow atmosphere, scented air, and the familiar beats of Tears for Fears thrumming in his ears, he had gotten over his initial shock quite quickly and painlessly. The same could not be said for the man on the other side of the table: the moment his eyes opened his mouth followed suit, and he started screaming and thrashing as if the devil itself were worming its way into his gut. The host, a gentle-looking latino man, had invited Hugo to the bar while they tried to settle down his fellow guest. It seems they had finally managed the feat, as the wiry, frazzled-looking sir was currently seated quietly, nursing a small glass of straight vodka.

"H-hey." He started with a sore, quiet voice. "Sorry about that..."

"It's quite alright, friend." Hugo smiled. "I was quite panicked myself at first. May I have the pleasure of a name?"

"I'm, uh... Benny."

"Pleasure to meet you, Benny. I'm Hugo Snidely. Although you're welcome to call me Hugo. And you?"

He turned to the well-dressed man at the head of the table. The host. He smiled back.

"I'm Juan, your host and the arbitrator for the game you'll be playing today."

"Yes, your lovely associate- where did she go, anyway- well, Teresa told me about this place. Quite fascinating, if I should say so myself."

He took a seat at the table, opposite his opponent for the evening. Benny flashed a smile, revealing a row of twisted, yellow teeth. Hugo kept a straight face, and cringed only on the inside. Juan offered a smile that was easier on the eyes, and placed both hands on the table.

"Ha! She might have told you the rules, but that's sort of my whole thing. So I hope you don't mind if I do a little refresher."

"Go ahead, sir."

"It's... fine."

"Alright. Well. Here at the Silver Wheel gambling house, we allow our guests to wager anything for anything. You can wager your health, your home, your money... anything you own, as long as both parties agree it's fair. The only exception is time: you can't wager years of your life."