"Sure. What's you favorite color?" Brian asked. How simple.

"Blue, yours?" 

"Red. Favorite animal? Mine is a lion." 

"Probably a barn owl..." The conversation continued on in the same fashion until our cups were empty. We quickly left the cafe, heading for the park that was conveniently across the street. I ran towards the swings and jumped on, giggling. I actually giggled. I never giggle. "Push me!" 

He quickly complied, making me sway back and forth. For a few minutes every thought I had about about the notes, Blue-Eyes, and Evan left my mind as if they never existed. I felt at peace, but I knew that feeling wouldn't stay there for long. 

I heard a crunch come from my right making both Brian and I freeze. I inhaled deeply, catching a whiff of a scent that I never wanted to smell again. Yuck. It smells like alcohol.. and death. My wolf spoke up, she was on high alert.

Slowly, I got up from the swing and turned around to face Brian. He seemed quite confused at what was happening but I knew that Blue-Eyes thought that now would be the perfect time to visit. He obviously knew Brian and I were mates, probably thinking it would be fun to come and mess with him. 

"Oh Hazel.. How nice it is to meet you again!"

Brian Thomas's P.O.V.

I happily pushed Hazel on the swing, glad that she was enjoying her time with me. Even if she didn't, I was just excited to be hanging out with her. I heard a crunch off to my right and instantly froze, inhaling the air. The same strange scent of alcohol and death wafted across my nose, distracting me. 

When I finally snapped back into it, I noticed that Hazel had gotten up and was looking from me, to the woods, and back. I wondered what was going on but before I could ask her, a male voice interrupted.

"Oh Hazel.. How nice it is to meet you again!" A male with those bright blue eyes exclaimed. His dark brown hair was almost black and hung across his eyes and he shook them out of the way. "Did you enjoy reading my notes?" 

I growled, pushing Hazel behind me. My wolf was pacing around inside my mind. Who the fuck does he think he is?! He grunted, pissed off that the person who was watching us knew Hazel from the past. 

 "Calm down wolfie. All I want to do is chat." He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. Hazel peeked out from behind me, staring at him with a vicious glare. 

"Chatting is the last thing we'll do, you bastard." She spat, stepping completely out from behind me. My wolf whined, he wanted her to be where this guy couldn't get her. 

"What did you just call me?" He replied with venom in his voice. "That was a bad mistake." 

"I just called you a bastard, Matthew." She drew out the word and watched as he grew angrry. His eyes quickly turned a darker shade, his wolf getting closer to the surface. Hazel growled as he stepped forward and he turned his hands into fists. 

"Come on my little Kitten, you don't mean that." This time I was the one to growl. She's ours, not his! My wolf shouted inside my mind, trying to claw his way out. "Let's be nice." 

"I'll be nice the day you're rotting away in hell." Matthew growled once more, stepping even closer. He raised his hands, unclenching and before anyone could even blink, he smacked Hazel across the face. That's when I snapped, but Hazel beat me to it when it came to punching him. She drew back her fist and knocked him square in the jaw. He stumbled back a few paces, his eyes turning black with rage.