Love hate

"Jughead put me the fuck down!" Betty shouted as she squirmed around in his arms. "And if I don't?" He smirked "I will slap you just as hard as before" she snapped,which made him automatically put her down. He remembered that vividly,you see he was playing around with Betty but she got annoyed and slapped him across the face,extremely hard. Jughead was bruised for weeks after and often whimpered at the memory of both Betty and his father doing it to him.
Betty and jughead had always had a weird relationship with one another. They were next door neighbours so ended up seeing each other on the daily,also considering that their mothers are the best of friends. However it was a different story for the pair. Jughead adored Betty and would do anything for her but she couldn't stand him,to the point where she would pick on him constantly and sometimes even get physical with him. Some may call it a love hate situation,but the two only felt one feeling each instead of both.
"Come on betts lighten up" he smiled as he squeezed her side "don't touch me you creep" she bit. "Enough bickering the pair of you,me and Gladys would like to announce something" Alice started whilst rolling at eyes at the two. "Well as you know it's spring break and not only the kids get to have fun" she laughed "so me and Gladys are off to Mexico for 2 weeks!And you two are staying here under this roof,together." She finished. "What! I'm not staying with him!" Betty shouted,slamming her hands on the table whilst jughead just leaned back and smirked. "You have no choice and that's final!" Betty just sighed and walked up to her room,earning a apologetic smile from Alice.
The next day arrived way to quickly for Betty,and before she knew it she was waving her mother goodbye for two weeks. "So then how about a movie day with my favourite girl?" Jughead suggested with a smile "how about no" was all she said before storming off to her room. Of course she would. Jughead wasn't surprised so instead headed to his room to get the snacks he bought for them both. Sour patch kids had always been Betty's favourite so he made sure to buy two boxes so she didn't steal his as well,so he still decided to give them to her as they weren't his favourite after all. "Hey betts I bought you these for the movie but since you aren't watching here you go" he smiled placing the box on her bed. He looked down at her to see a small tear forming in her eye. "Oh no no come here" he stretched his arms out and pulled her into his chest "you're okay" he kissed her forehead and rocked her slightly. "No stop now, get off me" she snapped and pulled away roughly "ok,just remember to eat the candy I got you,I don't want it to go to waste" he frowned and closed her bedroom door. A small tear fell down his own face knowing he'd left her in such a state,but he'd always do as she says and leaves her be.
"Morning grumpy bum" jughead chuckled as she dragged herself into the kitchen with a frown on her face as usual. Without a second thought jughead swept her up in his arms and dangled her over his back,in an attempt to make her smile. "PUT ME DOWN!" She screamed but never laughed "I just wanted to make you smile" he admitted,blushing slightly. "Well it didn't work did it,now leave me the fuck alone" jughead sighed before sitting down and finishing his cereal. A few hours later Betty was back down and in the kitchen making lunch,much to jughead's surprise actually. She'd typically be in her room for hours during school breaks. "That looks good betts" he smiled,reaching over to take a piece of cheese only for his hand to be smacked harshly. "Ask! Have you no manners?" "I just thought that since you always take my food" he laughed. "Well don't think you can do the same to me jones" "you love me really" He laughed "funny".  "Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed" he joked,but before he had chance to laugh she swung her hand at his face and slapped him. "Now maybe that will make you leave me alone!" She shouted before once again rushing upstairs. He held his face and scrunched in up in the pain. It all came back. His father swinging at him and making him pass out,the beer bottles and the shouting. He hated it. He wished he never knew his father in the first place. After a few moments he managed to pull himself together and head to the guest room. Suddenly he found Betty walking into the room with a look of regret on her face. "I'm sorry" "no it's ok" he said still facing the wall. "Turn around" Betty smiled apologetically and her face dropped when she saw the large red hand mark on his face. "It's ok my dad did worse" he chuckled but she just caressed his face with the palm of her hand and pulled him in for a hug. "I'm sorry jughead,I really am".
AN/ this was awful urgh! I was thinking of doing a part two of all their good moments. Anyways what did you think? Xx