Chapter 10: Wait

The game had already started, the weather was getting gloomier and Dahyun was on the verge of passing out.

Tzuyu had won the first set when the first raindrops started to fall from the huge, grey clouds hovering above the town. The game had been going on for almost two hours and both girls were slowly getting tired.

Dahyun found it had to breathe and stumbled forward, trying to keep herself up. With all the strength she had left in her body she hit the ball, letting out a loud groan.

The ball barely passed the net and Tzuyu with her long legs easily ran and hit it back, sending it off to Dahyun's side who dived, trying to at least touch it with her racket. Falling to the court she shrieked, her knees and elbows started to bleed and her racket flew out of her hands.

The rain had gotten too strong and Tzuyu had fairly won the game. Dahyun couldn't get up as she could barely keep her eyes open, exhaustion taking over her small body.

The first to run to her side was Nayeon, the girl was so worried about the younger that neglected putting on her coat or taking an umbrella.

"Babe, are you alright?" Nayeon asked, crouching down and shaking the younger.

The girl gave no response apart from a few mumbles, her eyes were closed and she was bleeding from her legs, arms and head.

"Let's get you to the doc" the older spoke "Everyone is already exiting the court" she tried picking her up.

The rain didn't help as it got more intense, making it difficult for Nayeon to see.

"Nice match, Dahyun" Tzuyu ran by and shot a smirk at the girl's direction "Also, Nayeon unnie, thank you for you help. For all these distractions, it really helped. Your payment will be on your bank account by the end of the month" she smiled and walked away, getting into the building.

"I don't need your fucking money" Nayeon murmured, taking Dahyun's hand and squeezing it.

"So it was true" the girl suddenly spoke up, her voice barely above a whisper "This whole sick joke you once talked about" she tiredly laughed and took her hand away from the older.

"Wait no" Nayeon replied "Please let me explain--"

"You didn't really love me, did you?" Dahyun asked "I mean, why did I ever think you could ever love me? It was clear from the start that you used me, it's my fault I didn't realise. How did I let myself fall for someone like you? A heartbreaker? A-A playgirl? N-Not only you broke my heart but you also destroyed my career. You know how much this match meant to me, for my reputation, for everything I've fought to achieve all these years" she stuttered, barely being able to speak.

"I could sit here and apologize as many times as you'd like Dahyun" Nayeon spoke "It started off as me wanting to get your mind off of tennis so you would eventually loose to Tzuyu, getting my money and then disappearing, but I didn't know I would actually fall hard for you. I didn't expect it, I never fall in love but with you it just happened. I'm not sure what it is that got me to fall so hard but I'm forever grateful. I love you, I really do and you can shout at me and push me away but please know that the feelings I have for you are real and they'll always be"

Their clothes were soaked, their hair stuck to their faces and their tears couldn't be told apart from the heavy raindrops.

"How can I possibly believe you?" Dahyuh asked, completely giving up on trying to stand on her feet.

"You have to!" Nayeon cried "I do love you. You're the only one I ever loved, you are the only one that proved me wrong about love. I always thought it didn't exist and everything written in books was just lies and imaginary scenarios every heartbroken person could come up with. I was always the player, I hurt people without caring, I was a failure with no money, that's the reason I made a deal with Tzuyu. Falling for you happened too quickly and I didn't know how to handle it, I didn't know if I wanted to believe it! It was weird, it was something I had never felt before but I don't regret it. I understand if you want me to leave and that's what I'll do if you tell me to, all I'm asking from you is to never doubt my feelings. I could never lie about loving someone, about wanting to spend all of my time with the one my heart beats rapidly for" she sniffled and stood up "Even if I seem like a bad person, everything I told you about my feelings was true"

Dahyun looked up at the older, her mascara running down her face as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I guess I'll go now, please don't catch a cold" Nayeon mumbled and started to walk off, her head hang low.

"Nayeon, wait" Dahyun whispered "C-Can you please help me?" the girl could stand up on her own if she wanted but she needed Nayeon close to her, no matter what happened.

The older turned around and nodded, dropping on her knees she wrapped her arms around Dahyun's body.

"Does your head hurt?" Nayeon asked, stroking the girl's head.

"I hurt everywhere" Dahyun replied.

"You will heal everywhere, even here" the older whispered and pointed at the girl's heart, her finger slightly touching the exposed skin on her chest. "I'm sorry, please let me be around while you heal. It doesn't matter if you'll break up with me or not--"

Dahyun shut the brunette up by pressing her lips against hers. She was truly hurt by the deal between Nayeon and Tzuyu but she couldn't not believe Nayeon. The girl would always wake her up with kisses, repeating over and over how much she meant to her. Even if you're the best actor in the world, you can never fake feelings like these, Dahyun concluded.

Nayeon felt a tear running down her cheek as she kissed the younger. She believed that she was lucky to be forgiven and if it was anyone else in the younger's position, they would've killed her. When Dahyun wrapped her arms around her neck, Nayeon smiled, now being sure of what part of the younger made her fall that hard. It was her heart. She was kind to everyone, never wanting to cause any trouble. She would do everything just to please the one she loved but would not take care of herself in the meantime.

Nayeon held her closer as the rain started to calm down, smiling at the way she blushed when they pulled away from the kiss.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your dramatic novela finale, but we should get inside" Momo rolled her eyes as she walked out of the building, urging the pair to follow.

"Sorry" Nayeon mumbled again and chuckled while she carried Dahyun inside.

Even if it took time to heal, Nayeon was willing to stay by Dahyun's side. The older had promised to wait for her when she got better and that's what she did, she waited.

-kimwig