Chapter 8: Thank You

Dahyun and Momo had taken a seat close to the court, ready to watch the game between Mina and Tzuyu.

"Dahyun-ya" Momo spoke "Now that Nayeon is gone tell ne something, will you?"

"Yeah sure, what is it?" the younger asked and kept her face forward, looking as Tzuyu made her way in the court. The crowd went wild as she bowed and took position across of Mina.

"Are you scared of the giant?" Momo asked, referring to the Taiwanese girl. Fans called her giant because of her height and weirdly, Momo like the nickname.

"Why would I?" Dahyun shrugged and squinted her eyes. She wanted to observe every little detail from the younger's way of playing.

"Come on now" Momo groaned "We all know you didn't train as much as you did last season, you potato sack"

"I didn't, that's true, but that doesn't mean I should be afraid of anyone" Dahyun spoke. Even if she wouldn't admit it she was scared, she knew all the slacking off she did to be with Nayeon would affect her career.

"I can see through you, kiddo" the Japanese female replied and placed her hand on top of the younger's "Don't sweat it though, I'm sure you'll be amazing tomorrow" she smiled.

Tzuyu won the first set and only then Dahyun turned to face her bestfriend for the first time since their small talk. With her hand still in hers, Dahyun used her thumb to stroke the back of the girl's palm.

"Are you okay?" Momo turned to her bestfriend.

"Everything is fine, thank you" the girl replied and leaned her head on the older's shoulder.

"Why are you thanking me?" Momo chuckled and messed up the girl's hair.

"For always being by my side" Dahyun breathed out.

"I always will, silly" the Japanese female said "I'll never let you go~" Momo sang out, making Dahyun giggle.

The younger's eyes went back to the court. There was a small break because of the hot weather and so both players moved to rest. Dahyun scanned the resting area and nearly jumped off from her seat when seeing Nayeon approach Tzuyu.

"Hey Momo" the girl whispered "Look!" she said and pointed at her girlfriend.

"Oh yeah, they're friends" Momo shrugged "You didn't know?"

"No, not really" Dahyun said "How come she didn't tell me, though?" she asked.

"She probably thought you would get mad at her" Momo pointed out "Since Chou is your biggest opponent and all" she explained.

"Makes sense" Dahyun sighed. She trusted Nayeon and knew she couldn't cause any harm. There was not a thing to worry about, Dahyun concluded, she didn't have to put much thought into it. It was just a pure friendship between the two and the dark haired girl had no problem with it.

"Looks I'm losing the bet" Momo whined as the match slowly came to an end. "Damn it!"

"Dinner for three tonight it is, then" Dahyun laughed.

"For three?" the girl shrieked "Don't tell me you're coming too" she whined.

"I'm your bestfriend and you love me" the younger beamed.

"Yes, unfortunately I do"

"Momo-ah!" Dahyun playfully smacked her bestfriend's hand.

________

A/N: namo needs to:
1) stop sailing.
2) stop fighting for the bias wrecker spot in my bias list.
3) stop being so breathtakingly beautiful.
4) stop stealing all my uwus.
5) go back to their girlfriends: jeong and dubu respectively.

-kimwig

-kimwig