Chapter 5

Alright, so here it is. Chapter 5. Hopefully I don't disappoint you. So enjoy. Vote. Comment. Become a fan!

xoxo

Chapter Five

"Nick," I whisper. He looks at me, hunger in his eyes. His hands are still resting against my face and I grab onto his wrists, but I don't move anymore than that.

"Nick," I try again. "what... I... how...?" I give up. Words can be so useless at times like this!

I sigh, frustrated and lower my hands, bringing his with mine. I look out the window, my forehead creased in thought. Why is nothing ever simple? Could I ever like Nick? Sure. Could I ever care about Nick? Of course. I kind of already do. It seems like he could make anyone care about him. I wouldn't be surprised if my father could care about him. But that's impossible. That man has no feelings.

"Leigh, you're hurting my hands." Nick chuckles and my head snaps back to his. I look down and, sure enough, his fingers are white and it looks like I'm holding on to him for dear life. I think I just might be.

At that precise moment, Amanda decides to make another entrance.

"I'm coming in!" She yells. Nick leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Why announce yourself, Amanda?" I say, amused. "Expect me to be all over our precious Nick?" She giggles and before I know it, we're all laughing. It feels so good to laugh like this. I don't remember the last time I actually laughed.

"Well, you can't deny it Leigh, there is something between you two." She states knowingly. I look at her alarmed.

"Amanda!" I yell and Nick bursts out laughing again. I playfully hit him on the arm and am acutely aware that I'm not the only one blushing this time.

"So, Leigh, where have you been the past few days? Everyone's been worried sick about you." I look at her and feel my head tilt to the side. Everyone?

"What do you mean 'everyone'?" I ask.

"You know, me, Nick, Blade..." She trails off as soon as she says that last name. Blade. I completely forgot about him. Our super new, super gorgeous, student. Why would he care? He just met me.

"Look, I know it's not something to think about right now, but he keeps asking about you. Frankly, it's got Nick all pissed off." She smirks at Nick and he sticks his tongue out at her. I laugh again and he then proceeds to stick his tongue out at me which just makes me laugh harder.

"Leigh!" He shouts, but I can't help myself. I'm in an unusually good mood today.

"Sorry, sorry!" I say, putting my hands up in front of me in defense. "I was riding my bike home and I accidentally ran into a tree." I tell them. I don't realize how hilarious it sounds until I say it aloud, but I know I need to keep myself in check. It's really hard trying to keep your laughter inside. Especially when it makes someone like me feel so good and positive.

Amanda and Nick just look at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You ran... into... a tree?" Amanda asks. That does it. Nick buckles over in a fit of laughter and a giggle escapes Amanda. Honestly, if it had actually happened to me, I probably wouldn't be laughing, but hey, it didn't. I chuckle along with them until we hear someone clear their throat.

Amanda and Nick spin around to see Greg standing in the door. I see Nick stiffen and Amanda visibly relax. Amanda has known my brother as long as I've known her but Nick has never met Greg. I doubt he even knows that Greg and I are related.