Harry Potter vs. Alastor Moody (Pt. 2)

Comenzar desde el principio

Any of this reporter's doubts were erased as the Boy-Who-Lived demonstrated several spells she remembers from her DADA NEWT.

"You sound like a young Lockhart," I commented.

At this, Harry's eyes filled with tears. "We can all hope to be as amazing as Lockhart."

Soon, our conversation turned to Harry's unusual entrance into the tournament. You see, dear readers, Harry never should have been allowed to enter at all, but the protections set by Albus Dumbledore were no match for youthful ingenuity.

"Oh, he tried to keep me out."

The boy laughed mischievously and refused to say any more, only adding, "I'm a very typical Gryffindor, you know. The Hat didn't even consider anyplace else for me. Not for a single moment."

I was fortunate enough to see Harry's boasted skills in action when a great beast suddenly leapt from the grass, landing upon the boy and pinning him to the floor. Enormous fangs poised to rip at his throat, but Harry blasted the monstrous creature away with a powerful spell.

The beast landed hard against the grass, suddenly transforming into none other than Sirius Black. At first, panic shone in Harry's green eyes – understandable since I, Rita Skeeter, nearly fainted upon Black's arrival. Within moments, however, Harry's face turned resolute and a rainbow of hexes and jinxes flew at the startled convict.

Black fled, unable to cast a single spell (For more information on the battle between You-Know-Who's right-hand man and the Boy-Who-Lived, please turn to page two).

While this reporter has no doubt in the abilities of Harry Potter, my wiser readers must wonder about Albus Dumbledore. Why was Sirius Black able to sneak into Hogwarts three times under Dumbledore's watch? How did a student, no matter his talent, outwit the old man's defenses? How did he allow Hagrid, a half-giant with a felonious past, to spend fifty years working in the halls he once terrorized, resulting in the death of Gilderoy Lockhart?

Can we trust him with our children?

I looked up in confusion at Hermione, who was busy stabbing a piece of omelet with her fork. I should emphasize the use of the word "stab" in this sentence…There was a dent left in the plate. "I don't understand why you're so upset. It's all true."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "You were attacked by Sirius Black?"

"Yes," I said.

"And you didn't tell anyone."

"I'm not sure why I would bother. It's not like he came back or anything," I said, "and, frankly, I found him far less powerful than everyone seems to imply."

"That's probly 'cause he doesn't have a wand," Ron said.

"And so long as he doesn't steal one from someone incompetent, we'll all be safe." I glanced down the table at Longbottom. It would only be prudent to steal his wand before someone else did.

"You should have at least told a teacher," Hermione muttered. She snatched back the paper, skimming it. "Two hundred spells?"

I shrugged. "I could show you them, but most require a live target."

She frowned deeper. "The Hat didn't consider putting you anywhere but Gryffindor? Alright, I know that one's a lie."

"No it isn't," I said.

"You were under for five minutes."

"It wanted to talk to me. I'm very famous, you know," I said, raising my chin haughtily.