Chapter 12

Moonbin's POV

We held hands on our way back home. Our fingers were intertwined and we swung our arms back and fourth. It was most likely me who did it. I was acting like a child and Eunwoo chuckled.

"You like to swing hands while holding them" he asked me while looking at me with love in his eyes. I could see it.
"Hehe yeah. I used to do that with my parents, but it stopped when my mother got sick" I said to him, while looking down. I felt his hand on my right cheek and he brought my head up, making me look at him.
"You can do it with me whenever you feel like" he said to me and gave me a bright smile of comfort. I smiled back at him and I immediately hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. I could feel his head on top of mine.

"You smell so sweet, it's addicting" he suddenly said. I blushed at his words. I closed my eyes, his scent came in my nose when I inhaled. He smiled like chocolate and vanilla.
"You too" I spoke back. We had to laugh a little.

We released the hug before walking in the palace. When we came, we saw a horse wagon outside being taken care of. I felt Eunwoo's grip tightened.

He was shaking.

I looked up at him and he looked really scared and nervous. He was a bit pale too.
"Can you sit beside me at dinner, please?" He asked me in a shaken voice, looking down at me. I gave him a little smile while nodding.
"I will" I answered him.
"Can you hold my hand too?" He asked again.
"Yes"

——————————————

We got in the dining room and Eunwoo's parents sat there already. I also saw three other people. A man and a woman, both dressed fancy. The third one was also a girl. I guess she is Jessica. She was dressed in a dark pink dress. Her brown hair was set up in a curly ponytail. She looked beautiful, I have to admit, but not that I am falling for her. We made eye contact.

"Eunwoo, finally you're here. You too, Moonbin. Where have you two been all day?" The king asked.
"We were walking around the town" Eunwoo answered him. The king nodded.
"Sit down please, you both must be hungry"

We sat down and ate dinner together. It was quiet for a while, but then, Jessica's mom broke the silence.
"So, who is the new boy sitting next to Eunwoo, your majesty?" She asked Eunwoo's parents.
"He escaped an attack in The Town of Flowers. He was badly injured and he had been walking for a few days without clean water or enough food to eat. When he came here, he was really thin, but Eunwoo took care of him from when he woke up to now. He's now recovered and fine." The king told them. Jessica's mom looked at me with big eyes. Jessica too.

"What's your name, young man?" Jessica's dad asked me.
"My name is Moonbin, your majesty" I answered politely while bowing my head a little. When I looked up, Jessica's mom smiled proudly at me.
"He's really polite!" She squealed.
"Did your parents teach you that?"

"Yes, since my dad was a solider and my mom used to tell me a lot of stories about kingdoms, that was before she got sick" I looked down. Eunwoo noticed it and grabbed my hand. He looked at me and smiled at me in comfort I smiled back at him and we intertwined our fingers.