of apologies

• Dedicated to the sassy bitches

Stop apologizing for who you are. 

I know all about you. You're the person who says sorry even before you start your actual sentence. You're the person who likes to begin and end questions with apologies, because you're worried you'll come off as stupid. You're the person who gets flustered even when someone else knocks into you.

Don't. 

Own up to what you say. That sentence that you're apologizing for, could make an impact that you'd never dreamt possible. That question that you've attached handcuffs onto could lead to a million discoveries. And that person who you said sorry to when they slammed into you? Well, that person's an ass. 

The words that come out of your mouth are worth a lot more than five letters strung together. They shouldn't be attached to a disclaimer that begs for forgiveness. Don't apologize for your thoughts, because those thoughts could change the fucking world. Speak your mind. 

Sorry.

Wait. No, I'm not. And you shouldn't be, either. 

>> i realize this isn't the kind of stuff i usually put into this collection. i just felt like i needed to rant. and although this isn't a rant book, i thought this fit in. the message is clear: HAVE A BACKBONE; IF YOU DON'T STAND BY YOURSELF, NO ONE ELSE WILL, DAMN IT.