C H 20 : Forget-Me-Not

Start from the beginning

As they set up the bonfire, they continued to marking places that they would go next. Soon, they all fell asleep, awaiting for the next day to come. Morning soon finally came, they ventured out once more encountering a lot of obstacles on they way, Goth wondered how Palette endured these. With every step he took, it gave another massive amount of guilt as he felt like he was guilt tripping once again. He sighed at that memory. He snapped out of his thoughts when they continued walking through the thick under bush of trees and plants.

It was getting dark again, so they set out of camp somewhere near a clearing where water was available. As they were setting up, Goth wandered off to the river to get some water. As he was filling up the bucket with water, he noticed something odd. There was something in the mud, upon closer inspection, it was red and blue. Soon, he began to realize that it was blood and petals. Flower petals. Examining the flower petals, he noticed that it was apart of a forget-me-not flower. The flower that he assumed Palette puked out. He was researching about the disease, learning the fact that the flower petals that they throw up depends on the person you fell in love with. Goth knew at that moment that were close into finding Palette.

Soon, he finished filling up the bucket, he quickly returned to the camp site, informing them of what he found and telling them that they were getting closer to finding Palette.

Soon, they finally reached the border that lead to their marked location. They were looking around, trying to find anything that suspicious or something that contained any life. Sadly, they couldn't find any.

"B-But, he has to be here! I know it."

"Sorry, bud. I guess case is closed. I'mma go call a chopper, so we could go back quickly."

Goth wasn't about to give up just yet. He frantically searched around, trying to find signs of life. As he was walking around. He found something blue.

"There! Look, someone's there!"

Goth knew that blue color anywhere. That's what Palette was actually wearing during the fair. He knew it was. The team finally reached the place where Palette was at. A willow tree. They noticed that it was very dusty and the fact that he was laying beside a corpse.

A human corpse.

Goth inches closer to the tree

Goth inches closer to the tree. A few steps afterwards, forget-me-not flowers began to grow rapidly beneath his feet as he stepped closer and closer. The flowers didn't stop growing. Soon, the flowers started spread where ever land and grass you can see. The flowers started to grow on Palette's bony skin. Goth stared at him with worried eyes. He was researching about this but he didn't research anything that involved whatever this is. He began to reach out to him.

"Stop!"

A voice echoed, they snapped their heads to the direction of the voice. Soon, a woman came out. She apparently didn't look like a threat but they were on guard. "Get away." She warned Goth, but he reached even closer. "Why?" Goth asked the woman.