C H 10 : Deal & Day One

(For OwO_and_UwU they wanted this. :>)

Wrong..

** Goth's P.O.V **

When everything was fixed, we headed to the carnival and had a lot of fun. I got to know some people who went there. Before we went home. Xahji and Fresh gave me a deal, the deal was I go to Palette's apartment, nurse him back to health, earn his trust, and become friends. Simple. But it isn't. I was too scared, Fresh texted him about this and it did end well. I don't know why he refused to let me see him? Is something wrong? Did I do something to him and thought that I hated him? I wonder why. I pondered for a while, trying to think of the wrong things I have done to him, and that got me thinking. What if the only reason he refuses to come with us was because of me?

What if that's the reason?

Whatever the reason is, he better not leave my sister because I care for her mental health. As we reached our house, I packed my stuff because I was told that I would be sleeping there. Xahji was gonna pack her stuff as well for she, Fresh and PJ are gonna go somewhere far, so they won't have to bother me and Palette. While packing, I was mentally planning what to do, what to say, anything, but my non-existent brain is not working at the moment. I couldn't help but feel nervous, I don't even remember how it feels to have a friend, I lost a lot years ago. I was leaving in 2 hours because Palette's excuse was to make the apartment 'presentable' and that he needed to prepare my room.

That gave me a lot of time to buy some groceries just in case he forgot to buy some. I hope Palette is cooperative, because I'm not going to engage in being friends with a person who doesn't cooperate, that'll just make me frustrated. I bought some cough and flu medicine because his doesn't seem to go away.

"Bro. I'm gonna go now, okay?"

I nodded, I hugged her and she hugged back. She giggled into my chest, we soon parted and she hopped into PJ's car. I watched them drive off, already missing her. I'm so overprotective, I shook my head and began to stuff my luggage into my car knowing it was only just a few bag because I'll only be staying there for a week. Now that I think about it, I wonder if this is how you actually make friends, I thought that you should hang out somewhere, play video games and all that. I don't even know if staying at their place like some kind of sleepover is part of the list. I shrugged it off, checking around for somethings just to see if I missed anything, so far, nothing. I carefully locked all the windows and doors, turned off all electrical appliances, the lights, and secured every window and door with a lock, we don't want any burglars breaking in don't we? As I finished, the opened the garage doors for my car to come out, I hopped in and drove out of the garage, I closed it and secured it with a lock as well. Once that's done, I drive over to Palette's apartment.

Palette's apartment wasn't very far, the apartment itself was just 20 storeys high, his door number is around the 7th or 8th, I'm not sure. The apartment itself was okay except for its name.

'OTP One True Pension.'

It's very peculiar, I thought OTP meant over the top, but I guess not. I shrugged, I parked my car inside the building's underground parking lot, there, I could see Palette waiting for me. For some reason, he looked so fluffy. He was wearing a pastel blue knitted sweater, white pants and blue shoes. He looked really, really fluffy, I just wanna cuddle him forever. I snapped out my thoughts when I realized I was done parking my car. I hopped off, Palette approached me, crossing his arms.

"Hey."

"Hey, there, Palette. I see that you're still confused about the whole thing, yeah?"

"Yes, please explain once you finish unpacking. After unpacking, I'll show you around the apartment, and then we'll talk."

"Fine with me." I agreed, turns out, Palette is cooperative. We just met right now, and he's already setting rules and settings for this week to be a great experience and that's what I look for in a person, very organized.

I opened the back to retrieve my luggage, Palette only carried my carry-on bag because he's a twig, he can't lift anything heavy, while here I am, dragging a travel bag with a suitcase and a paper bag in hand. We walked to the elevator that only seemed to fit 3 people inside, now that we're close to each other, I just noticed how short he is, like he's really short, no joke but he looked adorable that way.

But then I realized I was staring at him for so long, he looked pretty uncomfortable. I looked away to ease the tension that was slowly growing and that It was starting to get a little awkward. 'if only you didn't stare, this wouldn't have happened. Ugh.' I mentally scolded myself, my train of thought was interrupted when I heard the 'ding' sound which meant we arrived at whatever floor his complex is. We walked to his door.

Room 1434

I didn't know they had like a thousand rooms here. I shrugged it off, once she opened the door, I was immediately welcomed with the beautiful scent of forget-me-not flowers. I was amazed, he liked this flower too? I didn't believe I could have the same interest with someone I have been ignoring my whole life, and life has been hitting me off the right path today.

"You like them too?" I asked, glee laced my voice. He only responded with a nod, there were forget-me-nots everywhere. It was well designed, the walls were painted a pastel blue, the furniture was white for contrast, even the pictures are only photographs of forget-me-not, it seemed like it was dedicated to me. If someone did this for me, I would date them. I followed Palette into a spare room, that also had pastel blue walls, memorabilias of forget-me-nots, a book shelf that was painted white, a white bed with pastel blue sheets, the floor was wooden and dark, there's a forget-me-not shaped carpet under the bed, there's a dresser that had forget-me-not flower patterns on it, a white closet, a bed stand with a white vase filled with forget-me-nots.

"This is your room. I hope you like it.."

"Like it? I LOVE IT." I dropped my luggage and hugged him to express my gratitude. This room is amazing, everything was dedicated to my favorite flower and how can you not love that? He stiffened in my hold but hugged back afterwards. "N-now that's o-out of the way. I'll show you around." He stated as we both parted, I don't understand it but once we parted, I longed for his touch, weirdly. I shook my head and let it slide, why am I acting like this?

I began following him towards the room we first came into. "This is the living room." Palette bluntly said, like he had no energy. I'm assuming that he was tired and drained of energy for preparing my room since he only needed like 2 hours to make it. "This is the kitchen, if you want, we can take turns cooking and washing the dishes." I looked around, the kitchen was pretty decent, it looked a lot better when he revamped the whole thing with forget-me-not flowers and I applaud him for that. I followed him to the next one, "Here's the bathrooms to your right, my room here in the farthest hallway, this is the storage room there to your left, and this is my office-well I don't really call it that but my workspace." I nodded, this place is pretty big like damn. "If you need anything, I'm right here in my workspace, doing somethings." He explained, not really in the mood.

"But aren't you a little sick? Won't your coughs get in the way of your work? I heard from Fresh that they're pretty violent." I asked, concern laced my voice. "D-don't worry about that, I-I'm very s-sure it's normal." He tried to reassure but I can see through his white lies. "Palette, are you okay? You're stuttering, is there something you have to tell me?"

"N-now, like I s-said it's nothing!"

I rose a non-existent brow at him, he was slightly shaking, beads of sweat ran down his face, his eyes gaze anywhere but mine, hands behind his back, and his stature made him look smol. I sighed, "Fine, if there is something wrong. I'm going to find out no matter what it takes."

"O-okay."

I hope you know, Palette. I hate it when people lie to me.