Another day, Another School

Hey good to see you guys agin! And for those who are new welcomez! Sorry for the typo errors, IIm horrible at editing but I try to do a good job. 

The school seemed huge and towering in the morning sun. It was my first day and I was set on making a good impression. What to do, what to say? Be social or be the silent one in the background? I just had to wing it.

“Howdy do Mr. Lucy, you’re looking fine today.” Said one of my imaginary friends. Don’t laugh. Yes I’m 17 and I have imaginary friends. Is it healthy? Probably not but don’t judge me. This weird one that just spoke is named Taurus. I named them after the 12 zodiac characters since they bear an uncanny resemblance to human versions of the zodiacs. Unfortunately I can only see 10 of them. Don’t even say, ‘But they are imaginary! You can make them up!” Well I can’t ok? So get over it.

“Lucy you forgot your lunch.” Virgo said holding out a black with pink flower lunch box. On top of the lunch ox were my keys.

“Jeez first day and I forget everything. Ok some ground rules. No showing up when I’m in class. I don’t need people knowing I’m a weirdo that talks with invisible people” I said huffing. They both nodded and promised not to and left to tell my other invisible friends the message. I slumped over with dread not wanting to go to school. I straightened up and chastised myself for thinking negatively and I walked to the front office. An older looking man with a cigar in his mouth was up at the front. His name tag read “Wakoba”….and they think I’m weird. His hair was just… I don’t even know how to explain it in words.

“Morning, shouldn’t you be heading to class? The bell is going to ring soon.” He asked me, smoke puffing from the cigar.

“Um…Im new here and wanted to get my schedule.” I asked nervously. Oh come on. Don’t judge me for being nervous. How many of you here reading about my ridiculous story has gone to a new school and felt butterflies in your stomach. If you haven’t then shut up and let me finish my story!

“Oh you’re the transfer student, Miss Heartfilia if I’m correct?” He said

“Yes that’s me.”

 He searched around his desk in the pile of papers until he pulled out a small packet.

“Here is your schedule and some student handbooks. You have one minute before the first bell rings. I would start running Miss.” He said laughing

Crap! I burst out the door and looked at my schedule. Room 23 Gildarts History. I ran down the hall and took a sharp turn to the right and almost tripping. I didn’t slow down though and I reached my home room with 20 seconds left. I entered the room and quietly slipped in the back of the group of people up front. I stood a little apart from everybody in a corner and caught my breath. I made it! Yay! As I finally calmed my breathing, the teacher came in. Everybody quieted down and he introduced himself etc etc. Probably don’t want to hear all the bland parts. Finally he stopped talking and let us pick seats. I immediately went for the back of the room. I didn’t feel like being social right now. I sat in the far corner. Nobody was picking a seat in the back row. Until a white haired girl approached me.

‘Hi! Um could you please move? I’m not trying to be rude but me and my group of friends always sit here in the back of the room. I usually sit where you sit at.” She said a bit loudly and then everyone turned to look at me. Greeeaat, I’m the center spotlight for today folks! Line up to the see the freak get ridiculed! My face flushed.

“I-I-Im sorry, I didn’t k-know. “ I said and got up. Luckily there was another seat in the back still open that nobody appeared to be sitting in. I scrambled over there and stared at my notebook. I could hear her and her friends laughing and it seemed to be directed at me. It was ok though, I have been laughed at before so it’s no different than any other time. I was sitting right next to a window that offered a great view. And best yet it was still kinda dark even though the window was there. So nobody could see me daze out unless they were specifically looking over here.  I sighed in relief now that everybody was looking at the teacher and not at me. Just then a kid slid into the desk next to me. It startled me and I jumped, seeing as nobody ever sits by the freak. It’s kind of an international rule.

“Hey. You looked kinda lonely so I thought I would sit with you. The name is Levy Mcgarden. Yours?” she said politely.

It felt weird. She was actually talking to me with genuine kindness. “My name is Lucy Heartfilia. You don’t have to sit by me, I’m sure that you would rather be with your friends.”

“Nah, its fine. So you new here?”

And that’s how I got my first friend. Levy Mcgarden. We were both major bookworms, both loved certain subjects and had a lot in common. We also found out that we had all classes except one together. Yes stop yelling at me for more action. I will skip down to lunch ok? Are you happy now? Jeez. Impatient peoples.

“Lu-chan?” Levy said waving her hand in front of me.

“Oh hey sorry!” I said snapping out of my dazed out trance I was in. I took off my headphones and packed up my stuff.

“So where are you going?” She asked I was heading towards the library.

“Going there to eat my lunch. I don’t have anywhere to sit in the lunchroom, and I don’t feel like having a repeat of this morning.” I said sadly. It’s always been like this so I’ll get over it.  I turned and I felt someone tug on my arm.

“Nope, I’m going to show you to my friends. They will like you I’m sure of it!” She said smiling

They always say that people will like me. Every time though, I end up scaring people away with how much of a freak I am. Well then folks join me as I scare of my next victims!