Chapter 3: Series of Unfortunate Events

Start from the beginning

I grabbed his arm and pulled him close to me. The groaned in pain. "Trey lets just go." I said. He glared at the boy before turning to go to the other side of the car. "Damn girl. Trey fucked this nigga up." Keisha said, walking over to me. "Yeah he did. Come on. I wanna go home." I said. "Wait. Let's go to this party. You need to get out and have fun more." She said. "Keisha-" she cut me off. "Come on Angel. Live a little. Have fun." She said. "You better listen to her. I'm going too." Trey said. I looked at him. "Won't Mama and Dad be upset that we're not home?" I asked. "They gon be at the house most of the day. Plus, I said we staying after school working on projects." He said. "I mean I guess." I said. "That's my best friend. Let's turn up." Keisha said, as she ran to her car.

I got in the car and followed behind her. We rode around til we came to this house that's in a really rough neighborhood. I kept my breathing to a minimal but Trey knew I was nervous. "Angel relax man. I come down her sometimes. Just stick with me and you'll be fine." He said. "Okay." I said. We parked and out. Already the party is as bumping, even when it's still daylight. A few hours go by and it's nighttime. I look around for Trey after I lost him by the stairs. Some girls walked by and took his attention. I found Keisha and tried to talk to her over the loud music. "Keisha, where's Trey?" I asked. She shrugged. "I don't know. But girl how you not drunk?" She asked laughing.  Now that I'm close to her, I can tell she's been drinking.

She reeked of alcohol. "Keisha I'm not drinking. I don't drink." I said. "Do you smoke?" She asked. I shook my head. "Angel you need to let loose. When's the next time your gonna turn up like this?!" She asked. I thought about it. She's right. I need to let loose and relax. I looked around for the alcohol and saw Trey downing it. I decided to join him. After a few shots, I was feeling more turnt up. I was doing shots, I was doing alcohol stands, I was letting loose. Some dude came over and tried to take me upstairs. I politely declined and went outside. Whoa Angel. Relax. No more drinking. I managed to stay outside for awhile before getting hungry. I looked around and decided to go to McDonald's for some food. As I walked, I felt like I was being stalked. I turned around but saw nothing but a couple of girls kissing on a dude. I kept walking until I saw McDonald's in view.

But the stalking feeling was still there. I turned around and saw a guy, wearing a gray hoodie, eyeing me from across the street. Aw no. Just breathe and keep walking Angel. You almost to McDonald's. You'll be surrounded by people. He can't do anything then. I walked briskly over to McDonald's. The man seemed to follow. He seemed to walk quicker than me. I was scared. But right as I got a few feet in front of the door, he seemed to walk right past me, and down the street. Huh. I was worried for nothing. I walked inside and ordered a bacon burger with fries and a drink. I walked back out the restaurant and back to the party. Just as I turned a corner, I was grabbed and thrown to the ground. "Hey there princess." Said deep voice.

I looked up to see the same guy from earlier. What? No way he could've walked or run back this quick. "What's wrong princess? You don't need to be afraid of me." He said. "Back off." I said. He laughed. "You think you scare me?" He asked. Don't show fear Angel. "You think YOU scare me?" I asked. He looked confused then his eyes turned red. "What the hell?" I asked. He then lunged for me. I screamed and fight against him. He was a lot stronger than me. He began to tear at my clothes, ripping them off. I screamed and scratched but he covered my mouth. "Scream again and I promise you'll lose the ability to speak." He threatened. I thrashed against him but that only made things worse.

He began to suck on my neck and then I felt teeth against my neck. I let out one more scream before he punched me. "Didn't I say shut up?" He asked. He then wrapped his hand around my throat. He pulled at my shorts and put his hand down them. I began to cry and sob. Just then, the guy's weight was lifted off of me. I opened my eyes to see what looked like a dragon that turned into a boy. His eyes were glowing green. "What's up Grey?" The guy asked. "King. Good to see you again." The guy I'm guessing is Grey. "Wish I can say the same." The guy growled and lunged for him. But Grey was quick. He seems to disappear with lightning speed down the street. "King, don't worry about it. We got him." Said a voice. A few other people ran after Grey.