MADISON

Exhausted from the crying, I lay on my bed. The breakup with Chris was rough, but it needed to happen. He cheated on me, with one of my good friends. I not only lost my boyfriend.. but also, I lost a pretty great friend. I mean that is what I thought of her before all of this...

A soft knock on my door, let me look up. The door opens and Paris comes in. 'Hey,' she says softly. 'hey..' I say, with a weak voice. 'Should I get you something? Like maybe Starbucks or Taco Bell?' She has a little grin on her face as she walks towards my bed. 'Hmm, no thanks.' she smiles small, as she looks at me like I'm lost.. and I'm. I am lost, but I just need some time alone and when I'm a little bit better I'm going to need my friends. 'Okay, well. See you at school tomorrow?' As I say goodbye I also, nod. School. That is what I need, a distraction. As Paris leaves my room I slowly get up and walk to my bathroom. I get some water through my face and I look up in the mirror. My face is red, from crying, my hair sits in a messy bun, I look wrecked, but that's okay. As I return to my room I glance at the piano, waiting to be played and with that being said I take place on the small stool. I let my fingers slide over the keys as I slowly start playing a slow song. When I softly start singing my voice at first sounds rough, but after a little while, it gets better. I sing a few of my favorite songs before I go downstairs to eat some dinner. As I walk through the house I notice fast that there is nobody home anymore. My parents are always working, sometimes they are home, but even then their attention goes to work. That's also the reason why we talk little to nothing, but I grew up with it and got used to being alone. Normally I always go to a friends house or spend time with my boyfriend or dreamed of a future with him, but that certainly turned out different than I hoped. I shake my head. I need to stop thinking about this. I happened and I can't change the past. I startle if I hear my phone ring in my pocket. I pick up and soon hear the voice of my best friend that lives far away overseas. 

'Hey, girl!' Softly I smile. I love her so much. 

'Hi, Charlie.' We met at kindergarten and she is a sweetheart, but unfortunately, she moved away when we were 13 years old. Luckily we still talk often. 

'How have you been? I hope you are doing better after what happened whit that ass of a Chris.' I softly laugh. 'I'm okay, I just need a little bit of time, you know.. like you did with Tristan.' 'Yes, I understand Mads. I really want to see you tho...' 'Sadly we have school to think of..' I sigh. She laughs a bit. 'Yeah, I propose we could skip it. I could come to New York...' Now I am the one that laughs. 'Good, I made u giggle! But Mads, I need to go.. talk to you soon?' 'Definitely, bye Charlie!' Then she hangs up the phone. I stay seated in my chair in the living room for a while. In quietness, I simply relax. Only thinking.