51. The Coffee Feast

Recap: Abhi getting scolded by his mom - Meenakshi asking ways to make his mom happy.

Abhiram's PoV
I was driving the car back to our home after the office hours. Meenakshi didn't come to office today. She is busy impressing my mom. The last time when I got a call from her, she said that mom is extremely happy with her treatment. Since it's my beloved wife's words I believed only half. Hope she is saying the truth.

I reached the home and parked the car at porch. I entered inside to see an empty hall.

Where did everyone go?

I was about to check the kitchen when mom called me from back.

"Abhi, come to my room. I have something important to discuss with you."

I twisted my head and looked either sides.
Where is she?

"What are you waiting for? Come with me."Mom ordered.

I followed her to her room. She stood infront of me with her arms crossed across her chest. I looked at her confusingly.

"Mom, what happened?"I asked having no idea about what she wants to convey.

"I got a terrible headache. And it's you who brought it."she said making me shock.

"Mom, why didn't you inform me? Come. Lets go to hospital."

"Stop this Abhi. I know that you are acting."

I gulped.

"Mom..here is your....Ram, when did you come?"
And here is she. Meenakshi entered opening the door. A cup in her hands.

"Didn't heard the car sound. I was in the kitchen."she said in a surprised tone looking at me.

I smiled at her.
"Mom, I made a coffee for you. It will taste more delicious than the previous one. You should taste it for once."Meenu said forwarding the cup to mom.

Hope it will cool down her.

"I will Meenu. Place that coffee on the table and you leave. I have something to talk with Abhi."Mom said and Meenu obeyed her with a grin. And she then left.

"Mom, your headache will disappear after having the coffee."I said hopefully.

"This is exactly what the headache is."she shouted making me shock.

"What do your wife think? Did she vow to kill me by giving coffee like this?"

"Mom...that..."I stammered.

"This is the 7th coffee she is giving me after my lunch. And about the morning session, I lost the count too."

Great...Meenu, you are such a great daughter in law. But you deserved a better mother in law who match your craziness.
I grinned.

"Mom its me who told her that you likes coffee a lot. May be she is doing this to make you happy. Dont misunderstand her."

"You have excuses for her every action. Let me clear it. I didn't see such a girl like this before. If she really intends to make me happy, there is no need of this over action. Even if she behaves normal I can understand."she said.