40. The Rift

Recap: A Surprise for Malu - The cartoon party.

"Dadu, why are you not answering? How many times should I ask you whether did you have your medicines?" Meenakshi shouted from her room for the third time.

"How many times will I tell you Meenu? Yes, I had."

Meenakshi rushed towards the hall and started observing her Dadu who is now reading the newspaper like nothing happened.

"Did you answer before? I didn't hear."she said in a low tone.
Dadu stoop up walking towards Meenu and held her shoulder.

"It's because you are not in this world. Your mind is roaming around people who can't come back anymore. It's time you should forget the past and move on beti."

"I can forget everything that happened in my life. But not this day."she walked back to her room taking her bag and packed the lunch box inside it. She didnt meet Dadu's eyes.

"Can't see you like this on every year this day."Dadu muttered while leaning back towards the wall.

"This day marks the beginning of all tragedies in my life. How can I forget? May be I can forget my parents' death anniversary. But can I forget my mommy and daddy?"she asked while thinking about her olden days. Unknowingly her tear drop occupied her eye corner. She let it flow.

"Meenu, it's ok. I know how much it hurts you. Sometimes if we can forget the worst part of our life, it's a blessing. But no one can easily forget their most loving parents."

She smiled faintly.
"Don't worry Dadu. I am just sad. That's all. It's just for a day and tomorrow I can again become the same Meenu."

Dadu nodded his head agreeing with her.

"It's already late. Shall I leave?"she asked after giving a side hug to Dadu.

"Are you sure that you want to go to office in this bad mood?"he asked.

"Yes Dadu. I can't stay here like this. Atleast there I can indulge into my works relaxing myself."she replied while slowly walking outside.

"In that case you better go."
"Good bye Dadu. Have your meals at correct time"
She walked past him without turning back.
______________

It was really a bad day for Meenakshi. Not only because it's her parents' death anniversary, but she was very late to office because of the traffic jam. She had to literally beg to the manager to get the attendance book. Usually she used to argue with him until he says sorry allowing her to sign. But today she have no strength for anything. She walked inside her cabin only to see a bunch of works already waiting for her to complete. She sighed while taking a seat on the chair.

Time was passing fast and she didn't even check for once whether Ram came or not. She was so busy with her works when Abhiram rushed into her cabin.

"Hey when did you come? Didn't feel to show your face to me even for once? That's so cruel."
He took a seat beside her on another chair. She simply smiled at him while going back to her works.

"Seems like Meenakshi madam is so busy today."he raised her eye brows at her.
"Sorry Ram. I didn't get time to come to your cabin."she said.
"Do you want my help?"he asked while rolling on the chair.
"No I can do it myself. You go to your cabin. I will come when I becomes free" she said.