XXXVIII. COLLAR FULL

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭]

"if you're gonna be
the death of me that's how
i wanna go"

✧✦✧✦✧

1100 A.D.

In the middle of a forest, a witch held a cauldron of fire as five men stood around her in a circle with their swords touching the ground.

The witch was performing a spell in Latin as she held the cauldron above her head as the fire inside it was struck by a lightning bolt.

Lowering the cauldron to the ground, the witch pours the fire out watching as it spreads towards the swords blades and runs up them.

The five men watch in awe as the hunters tattoo begins to appear on their skin, spreading up their arms and across their chest.

One of the men raises his sword towards the sky with a triumphant smirk, the symbol of The Five carved proudly into his sword.

✧✦✧✦✧

Klaus and Thea were both sat at the bar in the Mystic Grill, casually sipping from glasses of bourbon and laughing as they shared more embarrassing stories from their childhood when Rebekah entered, grabbing the soulmates' attention. Thea and Klaus both watched as the blonde walked over to the bar where Matt was working before placing a set of car keys on the counter top.

"What's that?" the blonde boy asked as his face contorted in confusion, looking from the keys to the original who was smiling at him sheepishly, "the key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow." Matt frowned at the blonde, "if that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed," he told her before walking past her to go collect more glasses causing Thea to wince.

"You're trying too hard," Klaus piped up causing Rebekah's head to snap in his direction, a scowl on her face as she saw his amused smirk. "Last I heard, you were leaving town," the blonde snapped causing Klaus to chuckle, "well I was," he stated before finishing the rest of the contents in his glass. The hybrid placed the empty glass back on the counter before getting up and walking towards the blonde vampire with a sarcastic smirk, "but then I thought to myself, how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help?"

Thea and Rebekah both scowled at his remark, "what do you want, Nik? I thought I was dead to you," the blonde snapped as she rolled her eyes in annoyance at her brother's presence. "Things change Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you," Klaus told her with a smile causing the blonde original to scoff, "doubt that."