"You're leaving?" she asked alarmed, a look of disbelief on her face as she pulled her hands free from his causing Klaus to frown. "Just for business love, nothing for you to worry about. I'll be back in no time," the hybrid muttered in confusion as he noticed her hurt expression, not knowing what he'd said wrong. "Of course," Thea muttered, not bothering to hide the hurt she felt as she turned to leave once again.

"Thea?" Klaus questioned in confusion as he stepped towards her, only for her to flinch away from him causing his frown to deepen. "Look, Klaus, I have to go check on my family. Yesterday was pretty hectic and I haven't seen my brother since he came back from the dead or since you gave him his body back or whatever. Point is, I have to go. Have fun on your business trip," Thea rambled, a trait that only occurred when she was nervous or extremely hurt, before exiting the house leaving Klaus stood in utter confusion as he watched her leave.

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea had planned to go straight home after leaving Klaus', but his earlier revelation left her itching for something alcoholic which is why the young teen was currently sat at the Grill, cradling a glass of bourbon. It wasn't like he was leaving for good, it was only a few nights, but the thought left a sour feeling within her- especially considering only yesterday she had thought he was dead. She knew she was being a little over dramatic and clingy, but she had just gotten him back and he was leaving again.

God, I sound like Elena, the wolf cringed as she threw back the contents of the glass before ordering another one. "That seat's taken," Thea muttered as she brought the refilled glass up to her lips, not bothering to look at Damon as he took a seat to her left, the seat on his left always being saved for Alaric, "nice to see you too, Lockwolf," he scoffed before reaching over the bar and grabbing a bottle of bourbon and another glass.

Thea rolled her eyes before taking a sip of her drink and reaching over to grab the bottle from the Salvatore vampire, "still wanna rip my heart out?" the vampire teased with a smile causing Thea to smirk. "Ah, well I guess that all depends on how wasted I get," she answered as she began to pour more bourbon into her glass, only for Damon to reach out and take it from her. "Guess it's time to cut you off then," the raven haired vampire muttered causing Thea to pout, "you're no fun."

Damon laughed, shaking his head slightly before looking back at her, "so, what's with the day drinking wolfie?" he asked, concerned for her well-being. Thea laughed dryly as she placed her glass on the bar, "well, turns out my soulmate and twin brother who I thought were dead, aren't actually dead. My mom won't stop her incessant calling, I have a killer headache and I'm pretty sure there's still a wooden bullet in my shoulder," the brunette winced as she rolled her left shoulder, grimacing from the pain.

"I'm sorry about Klaus," Damon told her causing Thea to raise one of her eyebrows, staring at him as if to ask if he was serious, causing him to roll his eyes. "Okay, I'm not. But I am sorry for hurting you," the raven haired vampire tried again, this time his words being nothing but sincere causing Thea to smile. "We've all made mistakes Dames, all we can do now is move on from them," she replied with a toothy smile causing Damon to smile back at her.

"So, why are you in here looking all sorry for yourself?" the young brunette asked as she reached across Damon, snatching the bottle of bourbon back from him causing him to laugh softly before a scowl found its way onto his face. "Elena's a vampire and Stefan's back to playing the role of the saviour," he scoffed hatefully before picking up his glass and downing its contents.

Thea frowned in sympathy. She knew that Damon loved her best friend, and she knew that deep down Elena loved him too. "For what it's worth, I'm still rooting for you. Stefan may have been her first love but you were always meant to be her last," the brunette stated with a sympathetic smile causing the corners of Damon's lips to lift ever so slightly. "Plus, who could resist the sexiness that is Damon Salvatore? Damn," she teased as she bit her lip, looking him up and down with an appreciative look.