Chapter 2: The Assassin

19 years later

A pair of pitch black eyes open, blinking. The owner groans and sits up. Freckles dot his nose, and his horns glow a gentle green. His ash grey wings flutter, shedding a few feathers.

 His ash grey wings flutter, shedding a few feathers

(Imagine he has grey wings, and he has green horns. And his clothes are grey to, and the band is green. Oh, and don't forget, Trico's ... talons?)

       He brushes a lock of grayish hair out of his face, and dons his usual robe. He slips on some specially made sandals and opens the door. He stretches out his massive wings, and lets them flutter a bit. He smiles, and continues to walk down the corridor. He stops by another room, and peeks his head in. Gently sleeping, curled up in a ball, is Francisca.

     He smirks. He sits down at the edge of her bed and softly brushes a lock of purplish hair out of her face. He smiles at her before leaning down and whispering in her ear.

"Wakey wakey my princess."

Francisca stirs, before opening her eyes. She stares lazily up at him, before she jumps, and her face turns red.

"Trico? Wha-what are you doing in my room?"

"I came to wake you up, sleepy head. Today we're going into the city to see the state of it. Personally, I feel that it's not doing well."

"Why's that?"

"I mean, hello, have you seen the priests around here? So decked out in such lavish clothing, and yet they are supposed to be one with the people. They're supposed to be helping their people, but they just cast aside the poor and mooch up to the nobles and the wealthy."

"I do see it, I just don't have the nerve to speak up about it."

"I want to, but I'm just nervous to what mother and father say. They may just execute me on the spot, or banish me. I don't know. The Church has a lot of influence. I'm not saying anything yet, I want mother and father to see the state their city is in. And that the Church isn't what they seem to be."

He stands up and heads to the door.

"Oh, and get dressed my dear."

He closes the door, and heads to the throne room. He enters and sees his parents talking either such other, while a priest stands off to the side. Trico glares at him, while he remains unaware.

"Where is Francisca, Trico?"

"She's getting dressed. How are you mother and father?"

"We're ready for the trip. I would like to check on the poorer sides of town."

The priest jumps and hurriedly starts speaking.

"Your Majesties I'm sure there is no need! We have priests there that help the citizens as much as possible."