Chapter 1: The Guardian

A storm is raging above Lescatie, and a large shape is seen flying above it. But with a flash, lightning strikes the shape, and the it falls. With a boom, it crashes into the courtyard of the Royal Garden. And there it lies, until morning comes and the storm passes. The queen comes into the garden, only to see a monster girl lying there. She's about to scream before the woman speaks.

"Please. Don't call your guards. I *cough* I would like to ask you something."

The monster girl opens her arms, and there, suckling, is a baby. Blood trickling form her lips, she gently removes the baby from her nipple, and raises him to the Queen. The Queen hesitantly scoops up the baby. The monster girls eyes seem to grow cloudy.

"Please... spare him. He's the last of his kind."

"What... are you? What monster?"

"A Guardian."

And with that, the woman dies, her eye staring emptily in the direction of the infant. The Queen gently crouches down and closes the monsters eyes. She looks down at the baby, expecting to be disgusted. She isn't. She sees big round glowing eyes, that seem to change color. The baby coos, reaching up with tiny little bird like hands. A long fluffy tail waves in the air. Downy wings flutter.

"You are just the cutest thing. Yes you are, yes you are."

"Remie?"

The Queen turns around, seeing her husband stare worriedly at her.

"Is that... a monster child?"

"Yes! But somethings different about him. Have you heard of the Guardians?"

Her husband seems shocked.

"Yes. They were an ancient race of creatures. So ancient, that there wads even a male population, though it was significantly smaller than the female, after the Second Demon Lord's rising. Their food source, after the females were monsterized, diminished, as the males were often kept safely in the confines of their towers, so they didn't know how to hunt. So naturally, they slowly died while the females were out mating with male humans, due to sickness and malnutrition. My guess now is that he's the last of their kind. Another interesting fact about them is that they sometimes bond with humans, and often nowadays fall in love with them. But there is something I'm concerned about."

"What is it?"

"The Dark Ones. A small group of Guardians that seem to worship a powerful deity like creature. And kidnap humans to turn into either food or reproduction. But if they find out about his existence, things will be bad. Very bad. They have a prophecy, in which the last male of their species would strike down their god."

"You mean..."

"I can't be certain, but probably, yes. He may be the Guardian from the prophecy."

"I see. Let s bring him in. What should we do with the corpse."

"Give her an honorable burial. They are not like the monsters of the Demon Lord."

The guards gently pick up the corpse, and move away. The King and Queen watch as they disappear. The king looks down at the baby in his arms. The baby coos a reaches out, his small horn glowing. He touches a hand on the side of the kings face, where a scar ran across it, and his eye blinded. The little boys horns glow, and a green light is sent from the baby's hand onto the kings face. A bright flash of green light.

      The Queen opens her eyes, and gasps. Her husband, whose scar prevented him from seeing through his right eye, had both of his eyes now. He glances at the baby then at his wife. The scar was still present, but his eye had pigmentation now. The Queen embraces husband. They glance down at the little baby, who is giggling. They glance at each other and decide to walk into the castle. They are greeted by a small group of children.

"Mother! Father!"

The children crowd around their parents.

"Who is the baby? Why does he have wings?"

"This is... Trico. He is a Guardian. He will live with us."

"Yay! We get a little brother!"

The girls cheered, and the Queen giggles. She walks off, pushing a door open. There, in a crib, lies a little purple haired baby. She gently places Trico into the crib. She watches as the baby Guardian snuggles closer to her purple haired daughter, and notices little Trico's horns glow again, but faintly.

"Oh, looks like Francisca has a little protector."

The Queen then leaves, closing the door quietly behind her. But as soon as she leaves, a glowing tattoo appears on Trico's back.

 But as soon as she leaves, a glowing tattoo appears on Trico's back