Through Space & Time

{The picture is what you are wearing}

"Age reversal?" I questioned, feeling lightheaded, leaning against his bench. "Something along the lines of that." He had a devilish smirk as Morty came running in. "S-summer woke up and w-w-went u-upstairs with some g-guy." Morty spoke like he was trying to to trip over his words. "Get out!" Rick yelled, shutting the door in Morty's face. "Where were we hunny?"

He siad, placing a hand on my right hip. "Uhh." I reach for the left side of my waist as I look over Rick's left shoulder and see another Rick with a gun. "Mary!!" He yells as everything starts to black out.

I wake up a couple hours later in a bed, not my bed. Where am I? I slowly open my eyes to see Morty and Rick surrounding some desk. I slowly get up and walk over to Rick. "Uh what happen?" I ask, feeling weak as the words exit my mouth. Rick wraps an arm around my waist, just as my legs start to give out. "Okay, you need to stay in my bed..." Ricks bed?! I'm in Ricks bed!! What the actual fuck??? He's going on about the citadel of ricks and what? I zone back into what he's saying to me. "Once they find something I like, they try and take it. *BURP* I guess one of them tried to kill you. Little did they know I *BURP* already had an antidote made up for *BURPS* such an accession." He says, walking back to his bed. "Wait, hold up? There's more than one of you?? And you like me??" My head starts spinning as I sit against the wall. "Awe geez R-R-Rick, s-s-she doesn't know about-about other timelines does s-she?" Morty sounds more nervous then usual.

Rick starts rambling about multi demotions when I get a text. It's from my ex. "Hey babe, I miss you. A lot. I'm sorry that I, uh yeah. Come home soon? Please." I roll my eyes, sending a one word text back. "No." Then I block his number as mom texts. "Hey sweetie, I hope you like living with dad. Hopefully you can come see me soon. Miss you."

I don't even respond when I noticed that Rick is staring at me. "What?" I ask, making eye contact with him. "Who texted you?" He sounds slightly jealous. "Uhh, my mom and ex boyfriend." "What did your mom say?" "She wants me to come visit her sometime." I look down and start messing with my feet. "T-the pain killers should be k-kicked in b-by now, r-r-right Rick?" Morty said, walking over to me. "Uh, yeah. Mary, you can get up and walk around now." I nod, but instead of getting up, I lay back down and fall back asleep.

When I finally wake up, there's an arm draped across my side, I look over to see Rick sleeping. He looks so sweet and peaceful, even tho he's kinda rude and really mean. I roll over, becoming face to face with sleeping Rick. He pulls me close to his chest, as I fall back asleep.

Rick wakes me up by violently shaking me. "Mary?? Mary please be alive." I shove him off me, causing him to crash to the floor with a thud. "What? I'm alive dickhead. I'm awake." He pulls me off the bed and into a hug. "I thought you died." I look at him, giving him a weird look. "Uh, why?" He just continues to hug me.

I get up, going down stairs. "Beth is at work, Jerry is somewhere being Jerry. Summers at a friends house and Morty is still asleep." Rick says sleepily, and drunk. "Rick, are you drunk? And what time is it? And I need water." I say, starting to ramble trying to find a glass in the dark kitchen. "Yes, 5:45 am, and here's a glass." His long arms wrap around my waist to reach a glass, handing it to me. His features still shown up even tho it's really dark. I fill up my cup of water, take a drink and look at my phone. 2 missed calls from my dad. "Shit. Give me a minute."

I walk into the living room I assume and call dad. "Hey button, sorry if I worried you. I but dialed you then called you back to tell you I but dialed you. I'll be home in a week and a half, I have to take this haul all the way to New York. Love you boo bear." "Love you too dad." As I hang up the phone, Rick is slinking around my pockets.

"Uhh, can I help you?" I toss my phone on the couch as I reach for my cigarettes and a lighter. I hand him one and I take one for myself. I light mine and he takes the lighter out of my hand to light his. "R-r-Rick? What time is it?" Morty groans, walking down the stairs. "Uhh, *BURP* six." Rick says, sliding the lighter into my butt pocket.

"Wanna go out?" Rick looks at me, smirking. "What type of "go out"?" I question him as Morty makes his way besides us. "H-he means like on an a-a-adventure, right?" He looking over at his Rick who's making a slightly annoyed face. "Yeah, adventures is what Morty likes to call them." He rolls his eyes, taking an inhale on the cigarette. "Sounds fun, but I gotta go change if we're gonna go on an adventure." I smile as I take a deep breath of my own cigarette.

{Time skip brought to you by Fleebs}

I stepped out of my shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I wrap my bright pink hair in a towel as well and make my way to my room. I sit down at my dresser and break down. I miss my old life, I miss my friends and family. I miss my ex. I miss everything. God, why is mom so stupid. I cried for what seemed like forever.

After about an hour of crying I put on some light makeup and pulled some clothes out of my closet, slid on my shoes, I looked my self up and down one last time in the mirror before I left. I looked ten times better than last night. I grabbed my plugs, slipping them into my ears. They feel so much better than your tappers. I pulled my ring on, fixed my hat, put my camera and my sketchbook in my bag, slid on my ankle boots and locked the door, closing it as I left.

"Woah, Mary. You clean up nice." Rick looked me up and down, slightly biting his lip. "Dad giving a compliment, that's a shocker. I'm Beth, Ricks daughter." She smiled, extending her hand. I shook it and smiled. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Mary. I moved in next door with my dad." "Do you go to school with Summer and Morty?" She asked, as we walked in the front door. "No, actually I'm actually a graduate from Colorado State with a PhD in astronomy." I smiled shyly and Rick wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Wow, smarty pants over *BURP* here." He said, dragging me into the garage with him.

Morty was sitting in the backseat, or more like he was asleep. I slipped into the passenger seat as Rick sat in the front seat. "You, uh re*BURP*dy?" I nodded, messing with my phone. He started the engine and we were off, I watched as all the houses go by as we flew off into outer space.

Everything was so beautiful; space, the planets, the sun and stars. "Wow." I said, amazed by the beauty around me. "What? This your first time in *BURP* space?" He asked, taking a swig out of his silver flask. I nodded, staying silent, just admiring everything around me.

{Time Skip brought to by Snuffles}

We landed on a small asteroid in the middle of another galaxy far away from our own. "Mary I th*BURP*ought you would like this." He pulled out a necklace the same type of gym stone as my plugs where. "Oh Rick, it's beautiful." I said smiling as he put the necklace around my neck. "Now let's go play at BLIPS AND CHITZ!" Rick yelled loud enough waking Morty from his slumber. "Ugh, who let me fall asleep." He groaned getting out of the back seat as we walked in.

"T-t-that was so m-much fun!" Morty yelled, as Rick carried me out to the car. "Shut up Morty or you'll wake her." Rick griped at him. "Oh, I'm not asleep, I just didn't wanna walk." I giggled looking up at Rick. "Oh you sly girl." He said, dropping me to fall on my ass. "Okay, ow! Now let's head home I really am tiered." I said as I opened the spaceships door, letting Morty get in the back seat, settling into the front seat. Slowly drifting off into sleep.