Chapter 1- A New Beginning-Chelsey's POV

The blistering heat in summer; the chilling winters that brought relief to such long summers; the sounds of chickens and horses walking about, these are the things I was leaving behind. Texas, that's what I was leaving behind. The only home I've ever known. Although it wasn't the best of homes that I grew up in, the property was always wonderful. My family and I owned the largest horse ranch in the nation, and a beauty it was.

What happened inside was a whole other story. My parents were alcoholics and abusers. Always had been and always would be. I think the only safety I ever held was in the stables with my horses. Now I was sacrificing that only smudge of safety for a town called Forks. Populations, just over 3,000. We were moving from a lush open prairie, to a two story house in the outskirts of a town that technically isn't big enough to even have an outskirts.

My clothes and all were packed in every box and suitcase I owned. The movers were already loading each and every bit of my things into the moving trucks and into my own truck. My most valuable thing, my guitars and sound equipment all went to my truck. The sorrowful looks I got from the movers who had seen the marks and results of many abusive nights, were enough to almost send me toppling to the floor.

"Chelsey get your butt in that truck and go to the new house. I have unfinished business," my father scolded with a hateful sneer on his lips. I despised this man with every fiber of my being.

"Yes sir," was all I was aloud to mutter, and in a respectful tone, my prominent and thick Texan accent ringing clear. I opened my door and got into my truck, revving the engine and pulling out of the driveway just as my uncle pulled up. With a tip of his hat he gave his final goodbye. He would be taking over the responsibilities of the ranch.

Hours went by... Many tiring hours went by as trees and buildings flew by in a haze. I had to stop a few times for food and to rest. Each time I stopped at a little diner I made sure my long sleeves were pulled over half my hands and my black felt Stetson hat was low on my eyes. The stares I got when I spoke was enough to enrage anyone. I was somewhere in the inside boarder of Washington state. I ordered my food and ate it quickly before getting back into my truck and driving off, doing anything to escape the states of curiosity and scrutiny I received.

Many more hours later I finally arrived in Forks, Washington. The constant coverage of clouds and rain was depressing. It made my heart yearn for the heat of Texas. I finally got too weak to sit up and needed to eat. I pulled into this little diner and sat at the bar, curious and almost knowing eyes gleaming at me.

"You Mrs. West? Where's the Mr., if I may ask?" My server who's name tag read Elle asked me. "Oh, no ma'am. I'm their daughter, Chelsey. A pleasure to meet you," I greeted with my thick Texan accent. A few of the high school girls that sat around were giggling as I spoke.

"Oh, my apologies! And don't be surprised if you get some visitors or greetings. It being a small town, we all knew you were coming. Especially since your father has taken the job as Chief Swan's partner. Plus your family has a large reputation around the country. Chief Swan's daughter just moved in too, a few weeks ago." She said before I have her my order and she jotted it down.

"Yes ma'am, that we do. And I think we were all surprised when my father took the role. He's a great officer..." I said through gritted teeth and a fake smile. I looked around the room to notice this diner seemed to be the heart of restaurants here. It held the stereotypical ideas of a small town diner. I finally got my food and scarfed it down hungrily and weakly. "Always the tiniest of girls who can eat a cow," Elle said and chuckled, shaking her head. I chuckled and then went to pay her. "No no, on the house today," she said and smiled, noticing the obvious anxiety I had been holding back.

"Thank you ma'am. I must be going though. I appreciate everything though," i said and stood up, grabbing my bag and walking through the pouring rain and into the truck. I started the engine and pulled out, going the way to my new 'home'.