7

After Jake showed me around and we did the daily events, I went back to my somewhat room. I wouldn't even call it a somewhat room. It has broken mattress in the left corner, a cracked mirror on the wall with a chipped and dingy vanity. Not much of a room but it's something. Today I was told I would meet the boss. Jake gave me an alarm clock thing to wake me up instead of him being mad.
I woke up and there was two outfits hung up on the rod on my wall. One was in a black bag and the other looked similar to what I wore yesterday.
"Cristantha, You awake yet?" Jakes voice sounded through the thin door.
I replied a quick 'yes' and changed into the casual outfit.
Jake and I said nothing to each other the whole way to the dining hall. Two guards opened the doors and we walked in. There had to have been at least 80 people sat around four large rectangular tables. We sat at the closest table near a large empty chair.
A man clinked his fork on his glass, stood up, and the room was silent.
"As you all know, boss will be coming back tonight. We will be having a large feast and everyone is expected to make an appearance. He wants us all in our finest clothes and there will be a party afterwards. Continue eating everyone." The man said then sat back down. Everyone clapped and continued eating.
When we were done, Jake and I took plates to the kitchen where there were other girls doing dishes and starting to prepare lunch.
"Cristantha you will be working in here today. Ashlee will be your mentor and will help you with things. She will also be your go-to girl. You will go to her to help with makeup, hair and other things like that. Stay out of trouble today please." He sent me with Ashlee then left.
She looked at me up and down then paused on my wristband. She rolled up her sleeve a bit and showed a blue one just like it. My eyes widened and she snapped her fingers.
"It will be our secret." She said briefly then started walking towards cupboards.
"Alright, you ready?" She asked.