Part 3

Alec had just put his phone in his pocket when Izzy ran up to him frantically yelling, "Alec, there is reported demonic activity at 341 Eastern Parkway!"

"That's just a block from mine and Magnus's apartment. Wait-Is that a Starbucks?" Alec asked worriedly.

"Yeah why?"

"Because Magnus is there right now. Get Jace. Let's go now!" Alec yelled back at Izzy while he ran towards the weapons room.

Alec's world felt like it was crashing down. The thought that Magnus could be in trouble or hurt was more than enough motivation to grab extra arrows and haul out of the room down to the institute steps where Izzy and Jace were waiting.

"Alec, we need to get there quick. Half of the building collapsed. There's no telling how many people have been injured until we get there," Jace said sounding calm. How could Jace be calm at a time like this. Well, Alec thought, he wasn't in love with Magnus. But Alec knew Jace would feel the same thing were happening to Clary.

"We need to get there quick. Magnus is there. I'll try calling him." The fear pumping through Alec made his voice quiver.

Izzy tried to comfort Alec by saying, "Magus will be fine. I'm sure of it. He always is."

He may always be okay even in dangerous situations, but he was not answering his phone. It would take them seven minutes to get to Starbucks from the institute. Alec knew the route like the back of his hand. He'd been walking from Magnus's apartment to the institute for years now. Without thinking, Alec took off. Izzy and Jace followed without hesitation.

They all made it to Starbucks in six minutes flat. Jace suspected it was because Alec was worried about Magnus. The building looked like it had been stepped on by a giant. Alec and Izzy were carrying people out of the rubble while Jace tried to figure out what had done this. Whatever it was, it seemed to be gone now. 

Alec gave a loud hitch of his breath when he saw that sweet familiar face. Magnus was beneath a heap of rubble, but he was still alive. He was still breathing--thank the Angel. Jace helped Alec pull all the debris off of Magnus. When they finally got him free, Alec pulled Magnus towards the little patch of grass. 

Alec didn't know what to do. You can't use runes on a warlock, but he knew nothing about how he was going to bring Magnus back to consciousness. Magnus clearly had an arm that was badly broken. He'd have to call the Silent brothers.

"We need to pop his bone back into place before we can get him anywhere. Izzy, call the silent brothers," Jace said knowing exactly what Alec was thinking. 'That's the thing about Parabatai like us,' Jace thought, 'they know just how you are feeling and what you need them to do in a moment of crisis.'

Alec carefully lifted Magnus's arm and jerked it back into place, hearing a loud-POP. Magnus shot up screaming in pain with his eyes wide. As if the sudden burst of motion was too much, he fell back towards the ground. Only this time, he ended up in Alec's lap.

Author's Note: I know I haven't updated in a while. I keep losing motivation to write. Any tips?