The Map and World

So this is a political map of the World of the Fields of Fire! I will give you a run down, on the way of the known world.

First off, this isn't the whole World. Just a map of the "known" world. So for example, the Frigid Beyond, (the place beyond the Wall of 1000 Guns) continues North god knows how far, but nobody's been up that far so nobody really knows exactly for sure what's up there. The top edge of the map doesn't actually represent the north pole like on a map of the Earth, it just represents how far north anybody has actually been far enough to have mapped out. The endless blue, is pretty much the edge of the world to the west and the south. There's nothing out there but just, blue. Since the invention of modern technology, human explorers have gone forth with boats, planes, and even airships, trying to find the edge. But most have either turned back for lack of food and fuel, or never returned at all. The eastern ocean is the border of the known world to the east, but that actually has been explored by the Atherians. The Dragon riders have supposedly gone out and mapped all the islands east of Atheria, but those maps are a closely guarded secret of the Council of the Soaring Flame.

Zytira

So as you can see Zytria, the homeland of our protagonists, is a pretty big deal in the world. It's about half of the size of the United States, and is the closest thing the world of The Fields of Fire has to a super power. It's been a kingdom for about three hundred years, the Continent that Zytria is located on, known as Artellia, was once under the control of the Elves. After the collapse of an ancient Elven empire roughly a thousand years ago, the land was then under the control of feuding kingdoms of humans, elves and dwarves, with the elves still being the dominant power in the land. The beginning of the end of Elvish rule came when a human mercenary named Arthyn Torus betrayed the Elvish King that had hired him, and conquered the city of Zytriad. By playing the elvish kingdoms off of each other Arthyn Torus managed to wage a campaign of conquest across the entire continent virtually unimpeded, and within the century Elvish rule in Artellia was at an end. The elves were either killed, fled, or were forced onto reservations by the human populations. These reservations are the Atlantean Refuge, The Elven Reserve, and Elvos. Elvos being the technical successor state of the once great elvish kingdom of the same name. The humans also subjugated the Dwarves and the Merfolk, relegating the Merfolk to the shores near the Atlantean refuge, and the Dwarves to the mountain home of Dwarvia. At that point they set their eyes across the seas and began taking colonies across the world.

Zytria is an Authoritarian Monarchy, where power is typically shared between the King / Queen and a council of the Counts, Dukes and Lords of the kingdom. But since Queen Mara Torus ascended to the throne, the council has seen its power wain substantially. Before the start of the dragon War with Atheria, Zytria had a powerful navy of fifty Massive Dreadnaught battleships more than one hundred Battle Cruisers, with a full compliment of submarines and lighter ships. Its naval might was only exceeded by its air power, no symbol more represents the might of Zytrian power quite like the Zytrian Airship. The largest ever built was the two thousand foot long Pride of Parthun, And the Atherian Military has about fifteen fully functional, "Sky Fortress" class Airships, each around 1200 feet long. The army consists of 3 Million trained and armed soldiers, not including the incredibly well armed civilian population. The Zytrian economy saw rapid industrialization under king Parthun Torus, but a significant portion of the population still work as tenant farmers for the various noble lords in Zytria.