First meet

The pub was stuffy and cramped, you could move and either have someone grinding against you or a drink over you. But no one cared, it was a Saturday night after pay day and everything was amazing; even the overpriced tequila that really tasted like dish water but it did the job everyone wanted.

Everyone I was with was loving life, never have I seen so many of my friends happy and dancing like how they were, In that moment of time however the dancefloor was the last place I wanted to be, the lights made my head spin and the heat from all the other bodies caused my stomache to churn, I signaled to say I was going to get some air before dashing, i didnt wait round to see if anyone saw me rather disappear for 10 minutes than show the dance floor my mums lasagne.

Trying to muscle my way through the crowd was hard enough, but to then get to the bathroom and to have that crammed was worse, just the sight of the empty glasses on the counter and the smell of sick in the air had me clutching at my mouth and bolting from the door into the garden. Honestly was the mens as worse as that? In the films it's always nice and theres a girl trying to plate your hair and calling you pretty, not here; you've got stale piss and condoms over the taps.

I sat hunched over, concentrating on the ants running at my feet, dont throw up dont throw up, I could feel someone's gaze on me. Silently hoping it wasnt the bouncer debating if I should be kicked out or not. Time ticked on, for me it felt like no time had passed but from the new voices and the distinct sound of the door closing meant it must have been longer. The gaze was still there, I came to the conclusion it couldnt be the bouncer, it was too soft, too caring, and for some reason it was comforting. I felt the bench move a little signaling that whoever's the gaze belonged to had sat themselves down, what if it was some weird guy? Or my brother? Or worse a really pretty girl? Fuck what if it's a pretty girl and she sees me like this, what if it's my future wife? What if I throw up on her? That's it just ignore them, dont look dont listen just look down and stay calm.

I felt a small pressure on my back as their hand settled there. I let my eyes travel up their shoes, I knew it was a girl from her touch, it was exactly like her gaze, and just by feeling it the feeling of safety washed over my body. After I tuned myself back into reality I finally heard her voice

"You alright?

Just the sound of her voice put me in a daze, it was angelic, soft and sweet, I dont know how long I sat there, watching her eyes search mine for an answer but in that moment of time I was content. Just the raw emotion she portrayed in her eyes and her voice had my heart skip a beat, I dont know what she was saying at this point, I can see her mouth moving and I'm probably talking back but all I can hear is her voice and all i can see is her.