03

Choosing to be curious is choosing to be vulnerable.
It requires surrender to the unknown and loss of control.
~

The whole neighbourhood woke up the next day to find a part of itself destroyed. Destroyed to ruins...

A huge crowd was gathered around the spot. Daisy's house.

Police tape surrounded the scene and officers droned about, investigating. The public, utterly shocked, was abuzz. Everyone talked about the Marauds, their sad past, the 'incident', the investigation, the fire, the child...

From 6:41 in the morning, the crowd only kept growing. Reporters swarmed the entire neighbourhood. Literally everyone was questioned by the media. The police put it down to an accident.

Within the span of five hours, the entire city was aware of the incident. The Marauds were famous. Once again.

"So Inspector, what do you think of this?" the reporter of the national newspaper questioned him.

"It is very sad indeed. For one family to have to face so many problems," the inspector sighed, dabbing the slightly wrinkled skin around his eyes.

"Umm... that is not exactly what I meant..."

The inspector internally cursed himself before responding. "Well, it seems quite natural. The teenager and grandmother were probably sleeping, some kind of accident occurred..."

"Is there any chance they're alive?" another reporter interrupted him. The inspector frowned slightly.

"Nothing can be said until further investigation is done," he said firmly.

"And when will that happen? When the rest of the city is met with more 'accidents'?" a well known voice questioned.

The inspector looked around for that particular voice, in vain. He remained silent as more questions were thrown at him.

"Are you sure it was an accident anyway?"

The question cut right through the others and the inspector walked away, an angry expression on his face. His mind, however, was a whole other thing to consider.

Meanwhile, a Kai Haruchi stood rooted to the ground. Only one thought crossed his mind.

Arson...