ELEVEN

HER BODY HURTLED ACROSS THE FLOOR. Again and again, she'd be defeated by her opponent.
Pathetic.
A word she constantly heard on a day to day basis. There was nothing else to her. She was just pathetic.
She was considered their greatest success, greatest asset, but they could not be any more disappointed than they were then. Their faces shadowed by the dim lighting stared as she laid still on the floor.
Pathetic.
She hoped that if she pretended to be dead long enough, her opponent would cease to continuously pummel her.
That the Winter Soldier had a conscience.
024 focused on her breathing. Taking in shallow breaths, slight enough so the keen eye of her opponent wouldn't notice. She'd barely been out of the surgical room. Two weeks had passed, and they saw no improvement. She had not yet bonded with her powers the way they want her to. She had not immediately taken on the skills that were wired into her brain.
And they were getting impatient.
But they watched on. Watched as she forced her heartbeat to calm.
And somehow, they were impressed. She was acting. Acting weak and innocent and small. Nothing like she was.
This was not her nature. Every time 024 had been knocked down she would haul herself up on to her feet.
Whatever it took.
The Winter Soldier began to creep closer to her limp form, and once he was close enough for her to reach, she latched onto his ankle with her power and pulled him to the floor with her.
Commotion followed. Kicks and punches and a metal arm whizzing while the silent purple tendrils encircled him.
They grinned in the shadows. Finally, they were a match. The perfect pair.

Their group was directed to Shuri's laboratory. The doors were automatically opened, and Vision was directed by the owner of the lab to lay on the table that was central to the room. A hologram began to project from her wrist - beads that encircled them - after she had scanned the stone.
"Whoa." The girl's eyes widened, "The structure is polymorphic."

Bronwen didn't bother to try to understand.

"Right." Bruce joined her and pointed to the hologram, "We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially."