𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞

———✰———

Emma and Jake finally entered the dining room where all the other peculiars sat. Emma sat down in her usual seat and strapped herself down and Jake went to sit in the chair next to her but stopped when he felt something was already in the chair.

"Hey, What are you doing?" A naked Millard asked from the chair.

"Millard, go put some clothes on. Polite people do not take their supper in the nude!" Miss Peregerine scolded making some of the children, including Bea, giggle at the sentence.

"Alright! Alright" Millard stropped off leaving Jake to sit in his seat.

"You can sit here, Jake" Olive patted the seat between herself and Bea but Jake had already awkwardly sat himself in the seat Millard had once taken.

"Look at Enoch. He's jealous" Horace pointed to Enoch's face at the fact Jake was invited to sit next to his girlfriend.

"Why would I be jealous? It's not like Bea's going to marry him. And Olive's the one who wanted him to sit there." Enoch snapped as Bea started to play footsie with him under the table in attempt to soothe him.

"Don't be mean, Enoch. Olive's just excited to have a visitor" Fiona defended.

"Quite right Fiona. Nobody is marrying anybody. Now everybody eat your food before it gets cold" Miss Peregrine agreed.

They all did as they were told, Hugh's bees spilling out of his mouth as he went to eat.

"Hugh!" Olive exclaimed.

"Where's your net?" Emma asked.

The children all began to swat the bees away in an attempt to get them out of their faces. Hugh got out his hat that had a net attached to it like a beekeepers hat, he put it on before lifting the net up as he sucked in the bees back in. Miss Peregrine caught one on her finger and blew it towards him making him suck it in before he put the net down leaving Jake smiling in awe.

"It must be very strange for you Jake. To meet your grandfather's friends. Visiting another century" Fiona spoke up.

"Are there space ships in your time, Jake?" Olive asked smiling in excitement.

"Like the Flash Gordon books? Those are my favourites." Bea added her eyes glowing with curiosity as her grip on Enoch's hand tightened.

"Now! Now! Girls, what did I say about asking questions? We do not discuss the future here. We enjoy living in the here and now." Miss Pergrine said picking apart her chicken before she looked at Claire frowning "Claire, why aren't you eating?"

"She's embarrassed in front of Jake." Hugh responded from where he sat next the young girl.

"Don't be, please" Jake assured as Miss Pergrine winked at the girl which caused Claire to lift up her hair and eat the leg with her back mouth, as she finished Miss Peregrine used her napkin to wipe her mouth.