Section One:Part Three

The killer is the main reason most youths are getting involved in writing horror.Maybe they had a sudden spring of inspiration when watching Prom Night or they made a loving parody of Friday The Thirteenth(seriously how do you think The Final Girls began?).

  The Killer is most well-known in Splatter Movies(or Slasher Movies, for a normal name)despite being able to appear in every sub-genre of horror.

  Saw features a killer(in legal terms).The movie is a psychological horror with torture mixed in;yet it features a killer.

  Jeepers Creepers is a monster movie,arguably.Despite the director and the third film, the movie has one of the best trilogies in horror history.Yet this movie has a killer;now it is indisputable.The Creeper is the face of early 2000s horror in my mind.

  Countless gothics have included someone who ends up as a killer. Trust me,I know.

  The Killer is typically male and older.
The main lure is the fact that this human is doing the evil.

  Unfortunately,there are issues when it comes to writing The Killer.Most writers make most of the book about the victims,possibly leading to people FORGETTING that someone will die.

  This isn't restricted to slashers.Slow-burn murder-mysteries have the same issues.

  Well,have I got news for you!All you have to do is make sure subtle,scary things happen without alerting the characters and readers that anything scary is happening.

  Here is an example:Jeremy lives alone after his son drowned in a pond.He gets a call from the boy's mother, Roxanne,a year later.Before he can apologise about anything,she hangs up on him.

  Jeremy receives a phone call from his wife,Suzie.She explains that she's pregnant and both of them are happy.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE HORROR?You're asking.Well, between the phone calls Jeremy finds the back door slightly ajar.

  See?ABC,easy as love can be!