Special Chapter

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Uhm... Sige tara na." sabi ko kay Elmo saka na kami naglakad papunta sa kotse.

"Oh. Magaloner! Why are you here?" tanong ni Maqui nang makasakay kami sa kotse.

"I'm coming with you Frenchfries." sagot naman niya.

"Grabe! Clingy much?!" sabat naman ni Peachy.

"Hahaha. Tindi mo ha? Your school is like a few blocks away from ours tapos ang bilis mong naradar na aalis na si Julie sa school?" ani Maqui.

Nagkamot lang naman ng ulo si Elmo saka tumawa.

"Bestfriend radar eh." sagot niya.

"Bestfriend nga lang ba?"

*****

"Mommy wake up!" rinig kong sabi ng panganay ko.

"Wakey wakey mommy!" sambit naman ng bunso ko. I can feel them tapping on my arms and legs kaya nagmulat na ako ng mata.

"Good morning, mommy!" sabay-sabay na bati nilang tatlo nina Elmo habang pinapatong ni Elmo ang tray ng pagkain sa kama.

"Good morning." bati ko sa kanila.

"Mommy look! Daddy made breakfast!" Elijah said habang nakayakap siya sa akin.

"Wow!" Daddy made this?" tanong ko. Tumango sila ni Jaeda and Elmo sat beside me.

"Happy Anniversary, dear." he greeted. I smiled at him and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips.

"Happy 5th Anniversary, dear." sabi ko.

"Mommy! Eat!" tili ni Jaeda as she tries to get my attention.

"Okay, sweetie. Let's eat." sabi ko sa kanya.

Habang kumakain kami ay biglang bumaba si Elijah sa kama and ran towards one of our drawers. May kinuha siyang bote and went back to our bed.

"Mommy! Let's read this!" sabi niya and gave me the bottle with '5' written on it.

"Okay, okay." sabi ko.

"Wait. Let's remove this first." ani Elmo saka na inalis ang tray saka na siya bumalik sa tabi ko sa kama. "Alright! Let's start reading!" masiglang sabi niya. Tumawa naman sina Elijah and Jaeda at nagpakalong pa sa kanya si Jaeda.

Binuksan ko na ang bote and took out 3 paper rolls.

"Who's gonna read first?" tanong ko.

"Daddy!!!" sigaw ni Jaeda. Tumawa ako and handed one paper to Elmo.

"Alright. My princess requested for me." ani Elmo as he unrolls the paper and clears his throat.

"Oh look, dear. The letter's from Kuya Fort and Ate Steffie!" aniya.

"Really?" sabi ko sabay dungaw sa papel. Inakbayan naman ako ni Elmo at niyakap ko naman si Elijah. "Alright, daddy. Read it." sabi ko and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Dear Julie & Elmo,

Marriage is about becoming a team. You're going to spend your whole life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you'll always figure out a way to get through it. - Nicholas Sparks.

Ever since you were kids, you are always great together. We've always seen you guys do things together, share things with each other and say things in unison as if you rehearsed it. And we know that as you grow up together, you will get to experience things that will test your teamwork as husband and wife. Julie, Elmo, we are very happy that you have reached this 5th year of marriage and as you read this letter made from 5 years ago during your wedding, we'd like to tell you that we love you so much and we are always here for you. Just remember that marriage won't work out the way you want it if you won't treat each other as friends too. Yes. Friendship will always last forever. When you grow old and there is no romance left between you two, the only thing that will make your marriage last forever is friendship. We know how much you love each other and we are very happy to see you look at each other with love. Happy Anniversary! We love you!