Chapter 3 - Coffee Date!!

Start from the beginning

I want to meet Aashi, my heart whispered.

Or her doppelganger, my mind replied.

"Dhruv and Jay told me you wanted to stay for a little bit more. I'm taking off from the office. Do you want me to join?", She asked and I stopped combing my hair.

"I.. Naina, I just.. Thing is-", I stuttered.

"It's ok. I understand. Take your time", she responded and I just closed my eyes. Why am I so pathetic?

"I'm sorry", I sighed as I picked up my mobile and placed it next to my ear.

"Don't be. I've news to tell you", she replied back.

"What's that?", I asked.

"Our parents are planning a dinner meet", she said.

"Why?", I frowned. I don't like when our parents meet because they do something crazy in the aftermath of their meeting.

"For discussing our engagement", she sighed and I clenched my jaws. I couldn't respond for a few seconds because Naina will be hurt if I'll act like a jerk and she's a good girl who shouldn't feel bad about herself at all.

"When?", I asked.

"Tomorrow", she said. I just remain silent.

"I know you're not ready for this but it's been six years Kabir. I can't delay it anymore", she said.

"Naina, I'll talk to you after coming back to India", I said.

"Are you mad?", She confirmed.

"No. I'm not. I'll see you soon", I responded.

"Ok. Take care", she said.

"You too", I said and hang up. I fished my mobile in my pants pocket. I don't want to marry Naina. I don't want to ruin her life.

No, I'm not going to stop moving on in my life but I want to fall in love once again before marrying anyone. I can never like Naina like a lover. I don't think she and I can ever have a happy relationship. I don't want to involve myself in something temporary. I hope this stay here in New York turns out to be fruitful.

Tapping my heart and wishing myself, I picked up my jacket and left my room with the hope of seeing that girl again. I don't know whether I'll be able to see any one of the two girls or not.

God, please help me!!

**********************

Counting on my destiny, I walked back to the same route, I took for the last two days with my eyes searching for one particular face in the crowd of endless strangers. I reached the cafe taking my time staring at people around me. I know I'm having an impossible hope but magic can happen anywhere anytime. All you've to do is have faith. My heart is very positive that I didn't meet those two girls without a cause. They're meant to play a role in my destiny for sure.

I ordered a cappuccino and sat down on the end table to the cafe near the window. I picked up a magazine so that I don't look like a loser. I glanced around the cafe. I read all the faces sitting in the cafe and even noticed the ones coming and going out of the cafe. I tossed one hour somehow by ordering every now and then but I can't stay here for the rest of the day. I need to get up and take my ass out of here to look out for her somewhere else. I don't even know which girl I'm looking for but deep down I'd love to meet Veronica whose persona is like Aashi and not that badass girl who only speaks shit.