DunKim- Song

Twinkle twinkle little star

How I wonder what you are

Hmm hmm hmm hmm.....

"Kim?" Duncan looked around frantically when he realised he could hear humming through their base. Oh no, I've left her alone! I'm such a dumbass! 

He went around, frantically searching for her through the layers of their home.

This can't happen, not because I slipped up once!

"Kim!" Duncan raced down to the final floor, expecting... Something.

Not... Nothing. There was nothing. Just the humming, that song emanating from all the corners of the room, pressing into his head. And no Kim to be seen.

Duncan crouched down, hands clamped over his ears, wishing the nightmare- yes, this must be a nightmare- would just end already, and he could wake up next to Kim, safe and sound.

"Kim!" Duncan called out desperately. "Please! Just come back to me!"

Duncan woke up in a cold sweat.

It was all a nightmare.

Duncan laughed a little in relief, the kind of laughter one hears after they have just survived the scariest experience in their lives.

Wait. What's that noise?

He knew that what he just experienced was a nightmare and not real, but then why could he still hear that lullaby?

Duncan pressed his head against his pillow, trying to block out the humming that he could've sworn was getting louder. He squeezed with all his might, trying to block out that sound, that infernal noise. But now he could hear footsteps, heavy footsteps, and when he felt his pillow being ripped away from him, he screamed.

And woke up.

And heard the song...