t e n

Holding Berkley and rocking her in her rocking chair was my favorite place to be. Holding her bottle, and rocking her back and forth to lure her into sleep. I could fall asleep in this chair if I rocked long enough.

Alex is currently on his way home from a week long roadtrip, and I couldn't be more excited. I think Berkley knows her daddy is on his way home because she's fighting her sleep. The rocking back and forth lasted about 25 minutes before she finally fell asleep. But I couldn't put her down, she's so cuddly and cute. I could eat her with a spoon, but I won't. Because that would be super weird.

Deciding to terminate my contract was probably the second best decision of my life. I have so much time for Berkley and Alex, it's almost insane. B is rolling from her tummy to her back now, and has learned if she shrieks at the top of her lungs Alex will pick her up. I've been to a few games since the termination and nothing has changed. I still get access to the dugout and locker room, and the guys are happier now that I don't have to rub out their soreness.

I chuckle to myself softly as I lay her in her crib before walking out and pulling the door slightly. Going into my bedroom, I slipped out of my day clothes and threw on one of Alex's jersey and climbed into bed. Quickly drifting off into a deep sleep.

"Berkley Addison, you can't be in the crib with the new baby. Silly girl." Alex chuckled walking over to the crib, me following close behind him.

Lifting Berkley out of the crib, I peeked in at our new baby boy, Huxley Alexander. Picking him up and kissing his head. Berkley whined as Alex held her then set her down.

"Hey B, how old are you?" Alex asked her, crouching down to be her height.

"Tree!" B exclaimed, holding up three fingers to the best of her ability.

"That's right! Which means you're a big girl. And big girls don't whine like little babies. Big girls use their words. Okay?" He quizzed, smiling at her as she nodded and walked to her room across the hall.

"You're such a good daddy." I smile at him, adjusting Huxley in my arms.

"Thank you baby, and you're such a good mommy and wife." Alex hummed, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I smiled softly, glancing down at the delicate ring on my finger.

I was woken from my dreams as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and soft kisses pepper my neck and jaw line.

"Sorry baby, didn't mean to wake you. I just missed you so much." Alex whispered softly, a smile evident on his face.

"That's alright baby. I missed you too." I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"You were sleeping good because when I came in B was crying, but she just needed a diaper change. So I handled it." He smiled.

"Thank you. But I'm super exhausted. Can we catch up in the morning?" I giggle softly as I yawn.

"Of course baby girl, goodnight."

And with that I was fast asleep again.