Love, Your Mother

Character of the chapter: Sylvia!

Previously on Vampire Star Academy:
Shuzo began to speak, "Listen, I've got bad news!... After you and your friends left our house, there were these vampire slayers who barged in!"
Vanessa gasped. "Vampire slayers?!" she exclaimed, which Bella was alerted by those two words.
"Oh no..." she whispered.
"What are you talking about? What happened?" said Vanessa.
"They rushed in and attacked your mother and me," explained Shuzo. "I'm being held prisoner at The Shadow Quarters. They will question me, but they might execute me..."
"What?!" gasped Vanessa, with her eyes welling up with tears. "Why would they do that? Y-You're human, r-right?!"
"Please listen, Vanessa..." said Shuzo. "I am human, but your mother is a vampire. I was arrested because it's illegal to marry a vampire."
"What?..." said Vanessa shocked. "I've been a vampire this whole time?... But... What happened to mom?"

"Vanessa..." Shuzo paused. "Your mother is dead..."

CHAPTER 6
Shuzo continued to talk, but his words fell on deaf ears. Vanessa could only imagine the scene in her head, causing her heart to throb with pain.

In absolute shock, the redhead could only feel the vibrations of her father's voice being processed through the speaker... She couldn't process any words...
"Vanessa? Are you okay?" said Helena from a few feet away from the bewildered girl.
"Vanessa!?" the rest of the girls exclaimed as Vanessa lost grip of her cellphone and dropped it onto the ground.

When she came to, countless tears streamed down Vanessa's face. Now realizing that her mother is gone, she broke into a run; crying and screaming loud.

Everything became a blur as she ran down the corridors. Up and down the corridors, vampires stared at her. Not knowing where she was, before she knew it, Vanessa was on the ground.
"Hey, are you okay?" a male voice said in front of her.

Sniffling with tears in her eyes, Vanessa looked up at the boy who stood before her.
"Here, let me help you," the student said as he reached out his hand to help Vanessa stand up.
"T-Thanks," said Vanessa as she took a closer look at the male student.

He was about the same height as Katherine with ash-blonde hair and reddish-magenta eyes and wore a blue shirt and an unzipped black jacket.
"You've been crying," the boy said. "A girl never looks good when they're crying..." He reached his hand toward her, wiping at her tears.
Vanessa said, "I-I just l-lost my m-mother..." She tried to wipe the remaining tears from her eyes.

Ashamed, she looked away from the boy.
"W-Why are you helping a human like me?... But... I might not even be a human..."
"You're Vanessa? The human girl that everyone's been talking about?" the boy said. "It's nice to meet you. I might as well introduce myself... I'm Edward."
Vanessa nodded. "Y-Yeah, thanks. It's nice to meet you too."
"I've been seeing all of those mean posts on Batchat. Don't let it get to you, alright?" said Edward.
Vanessa nodded, which Edward replied, "Well, see ya around, Vanessa!" He turned around to leave.

Vanessa watched as the kind boy left. She felt better now that another vampire cared to console her. But little did she know... An angry person eavesdropped on their conversation.
"Vanessa...!" they grumbled...

One month later, the second term of Vampire Star Academy began. A new schedule, new classes, and winter uniforms!

On the first night back from summer vacation, Vanessa greeted Bella and the girls in the corridors, but she was different.
"What the-?" said Bella shocked.
"What happened to you?" asked Helena.