Chapter 14: Light The Flame

Start from the beginning

"We will do what we must" Sensei Wu affirmed to his students with solemnness in his tone.

Zane nodded tilting his head inquiring "Yes sensei but where are our weapons?"

Kai shot his head scanning the room "And why is Lord Garmadon not here?" he voiced with concern rushing out of the room in a hurry.

It had been a bit after the fire ninja rushed out of the room. Neither Lord Garmadon or Kai have come back. Everyone left the bridge walking the halls looking for the two, hoping neither were up to any trouble.

"Kai? Are you in here?" Nya called out to her brother growing suspicious as you heard the sounds of fighting in one of the rooms. She jumped when one door slammed shut running over trying to open it.

"What are you doing?!" She exclaimed tugging frantically at the doorknob but it was jammed.

"I'm discovering my True Potential!" Kai yelled from behind the door as he was thrown into a wall making a ruckus.

Nya stepped aside letting Jay to try and open the door. "The door won't budge!" he exclaimed ramming his body against the door but it refused to budge.

"Kai thinks he'll unlock his power if he stands up to Lord Garmadon" Nya explained with urgency and worry in her voice.

"Why would he think that?" Zane inquired putting the pieces together as his frown deepened.

"He thinks he is the Green Ninja!" Nya snapped flinching as she heard her brother being tossed around inside the room.

"If we don't open this door soon, I think he's gonna be mincemeat! Stand back!" Cole yelled as he activated his special powers "Earth!"

Cole kicked down the door with ease and everyone ran in. Lloyd staying right behind you clutching onto the edge of your jacket. Kai stood in the middle of the room with Garmadon at his feet.

"I defeated him! I did it!" Kai exclaimed panting from exhaustion but held his arms up victoriously. "Are my eyes glowing? Did I unlock my powers? Is this my true potential?" He asked waiting to feel the immense power flowing through his veins. But alas, nothing happened"Why isn't it working?" the fire ninja hissed in frustration.

"Because you can't defeat someone who allowed himself to be defeated" Wu answered his student as he went to his brother's aid.

Garmadon managed to sit himself up adding in "I wasn't going to hurt you boy, I was only fetching your weapons." He let off a low growl as Lloyd left your side to help him.

"Dad! Are you okay?" The young boy asked with worry in his voice earning some reassurance from his father and a comforting pat on the head.

"You were trying to steal them!" Kai retorted his temper getting the better of him.

"I asked him to get them" Wu interrupted adding "Perhaps it is best you do not reach your true potential, or else someone could get hurt."

"Way to go hero" Cole remarked as the three ninja sent a look at Kai.

Kai met your intense stare faltering a bit looking down in shame. You let out a sigh digging your hands into your pockets thinking of the two sides at work that fueled his actions.

The flying ship started to rumble and shake the floorboards under your feet. "Sounds like we've reached our destination" Cole stated turning to leave the room followed by you and the others.

Looking out past the deck the Bounty was docked at the base of an active volcano. Smoke pouring out the top of the mountain darkened the skies in a haze. Lava seeped out from the top to the pool of fire below the bridge to the temple.