Volume 6 (Alone in the woods)

Comenzar desde el principio

Qrow: You sure must miss your friends and family very much.

Arion: More than you think. 

Qrow: There's something I wanted to ask. (Points at Arion's face) What does the tattoo mean?

Arion: My Vallaslin? For you it means Blood Writing. Many young Dalish received their vallaslin when they were around 18 years of age or younger. When a Dalish elf came of age, they prepared to gain the vallaslin by meditating on the gods and the ways of the Dalish, and by purifying the body and the skin. When the time came, the Keeper of the clan or leader applied the blood writing. This had to done in complete silence. Cries of pain were taken as signs of weakness. If a young elf couldn't tolerate the pain of the blood writing, they were deemed unready to undertake the responsibilities of an adult.

Qrow: Harsh. But you don't sound happy or proud about that. Why?

Arion: First I thought the Vallaslin are signs of patronage to the various elven gods (clenches fist) but then before I got here I've learned that these are in truth slave marks--signs of ownership--when noble elves enslaved the lower classes; they were representations of the gods that the nobles favored. Nothing more then false gods. Now I want my marks gone when we are talking about that.

Qrow: Can't you remove it?

Arion: Only Fen'Harel but I still refuse to speak with him again. (sighs) Can I sleep now? I'm very tired.

Qrow: Yeah.

They start to sleep but Arion didn't noticed he spoke not very quiet so everyone heard what he said and they all listened what Arion told. By next morning, the fire in the living room is out. Sunlight seeps through the curtained window while Team RWBY and Oscar sleep on the floor. Maria rests on the armchair, still holding the book she was reading. Arion lies with his back on the ground, head rests on his crossed arms. Qrow sleeps on the chair by the window, still barely grasping the wine bottle in his hand. A couple other wine bottles are also on the floor. The bottle slips from his hand and clatters on the floor, causing Ruby to wake with a start. She looks around before rubbing her eyes and getting on her feet. She walks over to the window and opens the curtains.

Weiss: (muttering in her sleep) Close the window!

Ruby walks over to the entrance hall and picks up the empty bottle Qrow dropped before walking over to her uncle.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow. Come on, get up. (shakes Qrow's shoulder)

Qrow: (groans) Leave me alone...

Ruby: We overslept.

Qrow, still groggy, just lightly shoves Ruby away. Ruby looks at the empty wine bottle, and after a moment, her hand starts shaking. She angrily throws it against the wall, shattering it.

Qrow: (waking up startled) What?

Qrow looks around, seeing Ruby stand before him and then to the shattered bottle.

Qrow: Oh, right. Sunrise.

Ruby's angry expression softens, and she hugs her uncle.

Ruby: You know, you can talk to me about stuff. Yang too.

Qrow: (hugging Ruby back) Let's just get outta here. (looks at Arion) We should wake our Dalish friend.

Ruby: (shakes his shoulders) Come on Arion, wake up.

Arion: (mutters) Leave me alone... Shemlen.

Ruby: Wake up! (smacks his head)

Arion: Ouch! Okay, okay, I'm awake now thanks.