[ 04 | Yvette ]

═════════ ❃ ═════════

❝ʟɪғᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ғᴏʀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇs.❞

═════════ ❃ ═════════

“Uh... Ai, this is Haruhi. She's actually from an orphanage, we just let her stroll but we lost sight of her,” the gray-haired man said while scratching the back of his head.

“Do you work on a Detective Agency?” Paz asked randomly that made the man chuckle awkwardly. “I mean, it looks like you work on a Detective Agency. I always see you doing errands around the town. I think, I even saw you once in a murder case.”

“I'm Atsushi Nakajima, I'm from the Armed Detective Agency. This is Kyouka Izumi, she's from the same agency,” he answered.

Confirmed. It was the man Paz saw yesterday. Of course, he's the only guy who have a short hair swept forward in loose spikes with a lock left long on the right side of his face.

“Armed Detective Agency? OMG! It's a pleasure to meet someone from that agency!” exclaimed Paz. “By the way, are the two of you...” She pointed Atsushi and Kyouka. “Are the two of you were dating? Oh my God. I think I just disturbed you. I'm so sorry!”

Atsushi and Kyouka's cheeks turned red.

“N-no. I-I think you---” Atsushi tried to explain but Paz cut him.

“I'll go for now. Hope we will cross into each other's path again and make sure you'll be more careful on Haruhi, oki? Bye!” And with that, she turned her back and walked away from them.

*****

“What do you want now, Mori?” Paz asked. She has been summoned by the Mafia Boss at his office, earlier than what she was told to. She went back on wearing her usual get-up as the Grim Reaper.

“Before you meet your student, I just want to give something to you. Someone saw you interacting on one of the agents of Armed Detective Agency today. I want you to have this folder,” Paz stretched her right arm to take the folder. “It contains information about the ability-users in that agency. You might actually want it.”

“Thanks but what happened today is purely coincidental,” she said. “But I will still take this one. I'm interested to someone from there.”

“Who?”

“An old acquaintance, I think?”

“Indulge yourself, then.”

“Thanks!”

A ring from the elevator was heard. A girl who looked at her 18's stepped out.

“Grim Reaper, I want you to meet Yvette. She travelled from afar just to work with you.”

“Well, then. I won't be rude to you, my lady. I'm looking forward to see you in action,” she said in a deep voice.

“Oh my gosh! You really have a deep voice! I...I can't believe I'm standing before the Grim Reaper! Your mask... Your mask is too beautiful!” Yvette exclaimed.

“Want to touch it?” asked Paz.

Slowly, Yvette raised her hand to touch Paz's face. Her fingertips traced every single details of her mask with an amazed expression.

“I always wanted to be like you,” said Yvette.

“Well, then. We'll start your training tomorrow,” said by the Grim Reaper. “See you.”