𝟏𝟖| 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'll give you a break alright," Kenickie shot back from his place on the ground.

"No, we're working the brakes later," Doody said quickly, always one for a quick joke.

"Move over, Slick," Sonny pushed Putzie playfully out of the way. Eventually, Sonny gave him room to squeeze in.

The boys rounded the car, to the front, where Doody and Sonny lined up the bumper and Doody started to put bolts in.

"Hey Fruitcake, you got it on backwards," Sonny sassed Doody. I smiled as I watched the boys bicker.

"Alright," Doody mumbled, annoyed.

"Yeah, what kinda car you swiped this from anyways?" Putzie asked, jokingly.

"Your mother's," Sonny and Doody said in unison. Putzie looked at Doody with a glare. Once the guys were in their own headspace, I decided to walk out to talk to Frenchy about getting ready for tonight.

"Ya seem great!" Frenchy smiled up to Danny when I walked out into the parking lot. A KZAZ TV station van was parked in the parking space closest to the gym.

"Really?" I heard Danny ask her. They were standing pretty close to the van. I rounded it to say hello.

"Yeah-" Frenchy reassured.

"Hey guys." I smiled at the two people here.

"Hey Mamba," Danny smiled at me as he wrapped me in a big hug.

"Oh," I choked as he squeezed my body. "I was not expecting this."

"I just haven't talked to you, s'all," Danny shrugged as he let go.

"Yeah, What's up with that?" I asked.

"Dealing with Sandy," Danny nodded.

In that moment, Kenickie came out of the garage the same time Rizzo came around the van with Marty.

"Riz," I heard Marty point out Kenickie to Rizzo. Kenickie stood tall and proud, smoking his cigarette. He blew out smoke, nodding a bit as if he were trying to tell her that he forgave her and wanted to take her to the dance.

Rizzo looked at Marty and just jutted her cigarette in the direction away from Kenickie. They both left without a word. Kenickie wiped his nose on his sleeve as he watched her go. I kind of felt bad.

Danny left my side to go console his friend, patting his back as he too watched Rizzo leave. Kenickie was caught by surprise, but relaxed when he realized who it was.

"You still gonna go to the dance?" Danny asked.

"Man," Kenickie breathed. "I'm gonna have the hottest date there."

"What say ya Mamba?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes. Rizzo and Marty were still talking on the other side of the parking lot, probably about the dance by the state of anxiety Marty was in. In the corner of my eye and by the sound, I could hear Leo's car, Hell's Chariot I heard him once call it, come around the corner. He pulled up into the parking lot.

I said goodbye to Frenchy as I made my way to the car. I saw Rizzo with her hip jutted and trying to seduce Leo, but he was only looking at me, revving the engine as I ran up to him.

"Get in Peaches," Leo smirked at me though his sunglasses.

"Hey Leo, baby," I said loud enough for Kenickie to hear. I turned around as Leo and I drove out of the parking lot with his arm over my shoulder. Kenickie was standing there, being rejected by two girls.

"Can you drop my off at Hurst Street?" I asked politely. Leo just smirked at me with a cigarette dangling from his lips.

The ride was short other than the times that Leo tried to make a pass at me. I didn't mind it. I even flirted back a bit. If I want Kenickie really jealous, I need to start now.