twenty.

the next day came, and both tj and cyrus showed up to school depressed as hell.

"cy? you good?" buffy raised an eyebrow. cyrus was currently spacing out. he had bags under his eyes as well.

"y-yeah. fine." he lied. he was obviously still hurting; but only marty knew that. "just couldn't sleep last night."

buffy nodded. she didn't believe him, but still.

-

tj was nearly the same. reed and lester were confused. he was just sitting on his phone, which he never did when he was talking to them.

he set down his phone, and walked up to the concession in the cafeteria.

he left his phone on.

"okay, something's gotta tell us why teej's acting so...depressing." reed shuddered.

"we really shouldn't look through-" lester started.

"oh, come on! there's gotta be something!" reed cracked his knuckles, and grabbed the phone.

he looked through his camera roll, and found a recently played video.

he played it.

"dude, that's kippen! and he's making out with some dude- oh my god." reed nearly dropped the phone.

"that's- that's cyrus." lester whispered.

tj was walking back over, so they quickly put the phone back on the home screen and set it where it was.

-

at lunch, reed walked over to buffy, jonah, marty and andi. cyrus was working on some late work in the library.

"okay, listen up." reed said, sitting down at their table.

"what the fuck do you want, reed." andi rolled her eyes.

"i have no idea if you guys knew, but cyrus was- well, i think was- dating tj." reed sneered.

marty nearly spit out his milk.

how the hell did they know?

"and your evidence is..?" buffy raised an eyebrow, not believing it.

"there's a video of the two making out on tj's phone. so marty, sorry dude, your boyfriend's cheating."

marty turned pale as his friends look at him.

"we aren't- we weren't really dating." marty coughed. "i was covering for tj and cyrus."

"so you knew?!" buffy sneered.

"y-yeah." marty stuttered. he looked over at jonah, who had a look of relief.

"anyways, tj's been fucking mopey as hell as soon as i saw him this morning, and i think they broke up or something. you know anything, may?" reed accidentally let slip.

marty felt his cheeks get hot. "that's not my name anymore. don't call me that, asshole."

reed suddenly realized he had. "i-i'm sorry-"

"anymore? what does that-" it hit andi. "oh my god, you're-"

"yeah, i am. now i'm gonna go join cyrus in the library." he sighed, grabbing his tray and walking away.

"i'm gonna go with." jonah got up and followed marty.

andi looked at reed, rolling her eyes. "besides outing our friend, you came over just to tell us this?"

"no. i'm saying..." reed sighed. "we should get them back together."

"and how the hell would we do that?" buffy scoffed.

"talk to him! tell him you know! i don't know!" reed ran his hands through his hair.

"really? what if we don't think tj's a good match for cyrus?" andi raised an eyebrow.

"look around, mack! i don't know about cyrus, but tj was so much more happier when with cyrus. and he kept their relationship a secret! he actually, truly, loved him, andi! he's not going to stop." reed wanted to yell at her; but it wasn't her fault, tj seemed like an ass to everyone.

andi sighed. "i'm in. only, if you apologize for outing marty."

buffy nodded. "me too. and...how did you know?"

reed sighed. "his parents are friends with mine. when he moved here, my parents said we were expecting m- his birthname, but instead, came marty, so i forced him to come out to me."

andi and buffy nodded. "go apologize to him," buffy nearly demanded, "or we aren't helping you."

reed dashed towards the library.

he opened the doors as quietly as possible, then walked over to where cyrus, marty, and jonah were sitting.

cyrus looked up. "what the hell do you want?" he spoke harshly yet quietly.

"i wanted to apologize to marty."

jonah looked up. "and what gives you that right? you outed him to all of us. you're a dick." 

jonah didn't usually speak up for himself or others like this. needless to say, the other boys were surprised.

"i- marty, i'm sorry. you know i wouldn't want to call you that on purpose. it's just, i never talk to you anymore and i guess it just slipped." reed apologized genuinely, a very rare thing.

marty huffed. "it's fine. please don't do it again, though."

marty got up and took jonah with him, leaving cyrus and reed alone.

"and i'm sorry to you."

"what?" cyrus was struck with confusion.

"i was a dick to you and your friends. let's just say that might change." reed winked, and left.

cyrus was still confused "what the hell...?"