{6} Hidden Truths

Comincia dall'inizio

"Damn, Vick." Matt stood back up. That was when Elena and Stefan decided to make their entrance. I stared at Stefan with an alarmed look. I tried to calm myself down a bit, but I had never come in contact with vampires before. I was trying to get away from the whole supernatural thing, but it just seems to follow me.

Elena looked at the scene in confusion, "What's going on?"

"She's really messed up," Matt told her.

"Elena, back up," Stefan said to Elena. Stefan put a hand on the side of Vicki's face, "Vicki, look at me. Focus. You're gonna be fine. Everything's gonna be fine," Stefan looked over at Jeremy and Matt, "Guys, take her up to bed. Shut the blinds. She's gonna be okay. Come on. Come on." Stefan lead them away from the living room.

I let out a sigh and took out my phone. I started typing in Hermione's number, they had allowed mobile phones at Hogwarts now is what I've been forgetting to talk about, actually. They thought it was faster than sending a letter with an owl. They still use owls, but not as much. Elena grabbed my arm and I gave her a puzzled look, "What are you doing?"

I couldn't tell her the truth, even if she already knew about vampires. So I took the easy way out, "I just forgot to tell my friend something very important. I'll be right back." I got my arm out of Elena's grip as I hit the call button. I walked outside on the porch so I would have some privacy as I talked with Hermione. Hermione picked up after a minute or two and I let out a sigh of relief, "Hermione, thank God! I need to know something... What are the early symptoms of vampirism?"

***

It was awhile after my talk with Hermione. Vicki had left and now Stefan and Matt are looking for her. Jeremy, Elena, and I were here at the house just waiting for them to get back. I didn't really trust Matt to go after Vicki. Yes, she is his sister, but right now she's going through the early stages of vampirism and Stefan's a bit more qualified with that kind of stuff since he's gone through it before. Also, Vicki could end up hurting Matt without meaning to.

"Maybe we should check in with Matt," Jeremy stated as he helped Elena clean up the mess in the kitchen.

"He'll call when he finds her," Elena told him.

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Jeremy inquired.

"We wait. We're supposed to wait." Elena replied.

"I don't know what's wrong with her." Jeremy had a desperate look on his face that would shatter anyone's heart.

"She'll be fine. It'll all be fine," Elena said. It seemed like she was trying to reassure herself more than reassuring him. The doorbell rang and I jumped a little. I had been so lost in the conversation that it came out of nowhere. We all walked to the door, but Elena got there first. She opened the door and gasped, trying to close it again. The person pushed it open and I saw Damon standing there. "Prim, can you take Jeremy upstairs?" Elena asked me.

Instead of fighting about it, I did as she said. Jeremy and I walked upstairs and I made him go to his room. But I didn't go to mine. I stood behind the wall that was beside the staircase and listened in. "You're afraid of me," I heard Damon say, "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess. Stefan finally 'fessed up. But seeing what I just saw, she didn't." She? So... they did know about me? Honestly, why am I surprised? Of course they did. I'm, sadly, pretty well-known in the supernatural world.

Elena didn't seem to think much about the last part and said, "Stay away from me."

"Hey, there's no need to be rude. I'm just looking for Stefan," Damon told her, "May I come in? Oh, wait. Of course I can. I've been invited," I heard the front door close. I wanted to go down there and tell Damon to get out, but couldn't. I needed to find out what he knew and what he wanted. I won't find any of that out by making him leave, "We can cut to the chase if you want. I'm not gonna kill you right now. That wouldn't serve my greater agenda. So... Where's Stefan?"

"He's out looking for Vicki," Elena answered his question.

"Don't look at me with those judgey little eyes. Girl's gonna thank me for what I did to her." Damon said. So Damon did it to her? I'm not really shocked by this information. If he's behind the animal attacks like Stefan was saying before then I wouldn't be shocked if he did that to Vicki.

"Did you thank Katherine?" I had to bring my hand up to cover my mouth at this question. I would've said 'Burned!' if I didn't stop myself just now and then that would expose me. Although I don't know what Katherine did to him, I do know that it must have been bad if Elena brought it up in this type of situation.

Damon hummed, "Got the whole life story, huh?"

"I got enough," Elena stated.

"Oh, I doubt that," Damon denied, "Tell my brother I'm looking for him," The door opened, "Oh, tip for later, be careful who you invite in the house." Then the door closed and I knew that Damon had left.

" Then the door closed and I knew that Damon had left