{6} Hidden Truths

Start from the beginning

Jeremy put a hand on his back and we led him to her, "Come this way." Vicki was sitting on the floor in the kitchen with food surrounding her. She was drinking something and had sunglasses on her face.

"What's she on?" Matt asked.

Jeremy replied, "I...I don't know."

Matt looked over at me for an answer and I shrugged, "I have no idea."

Matt bent down in front of his sister and took off her sunglasses, "Hey, Vic. How you doin'?"

"Not good, Mattie. I hurt." Vicki responded. She sounded like a child would when they were home sick with the flu.

"Okay, where's it hurt?" Matt questioned.

Vicki touched the inside of her mouth, "My gums. My jaw hurts. My gum... There's something in my gums, and it hurts." I froze when she said this. No... It couldn't be. Was she turned? What the hell was I supposed to do now? Did Jeremy invite her in? What if she came in and tried to suck his blood? What if she would try to kill him? Stop, Prim. Maybe that's not the case. I shouldn't get carried away because of the conversation between Elena and Stefan.

"Okay, well-"

Vicki moved away from Matt and cut him off, "No. Just leave me alone."

"Come on, Vic. Don't be like that. Let's get you home." Matt told her, calmly.

"Just turn it off!" Vicki yelled.

I looked at her in confusion and looked around in the kitchen, "There's nothing on?"

"Turn what off?" Jeremy asked her.

"The talking, the chatter, just turn it off." Vicki stood up and walked into the living room.

The TV was on the news, "-Horribly," A reporter was standing in the woods with some police looking around behind him. Jeremy picked up the remote and turned the TV up, "Three bodies were found dead in what is believed to be a drug deal gone awry. The bodies have yet to be identified. They were discovered earlier today over at the old Mystic Falls cemetery."

"That's where we were last night," Jeremy exclaimed.

I looked over at him in shock, "'We'?"

Matt turned to his sister, "What happened, Vic?"

Vicki sad nothing and the reporter went on to say, "-Homicide, and are fast underway looking for suspects. They're asking anyone with information..."

"I'm calling the cops," Matt stated.

Vicki grabbed his arm, "No. Don't."

"What happened after I left last night, Vick?" Jeremy questioned her. Vicki pushed him and he hit the couch. He slid down to the floor.

"Hey," I yelled. I bent down and made sure that Jeremy was okay before looking up at Vicki, "What the hell is up with you, Vicki?"

Matt came over to check on Jeremy, as well, "Jer, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Jeremy was telling us, a bit harshly.