CHAPTER NINETEEN

Start bij het begin

----------

Hero called the next day. She had received a quick text the night before briefly explaining what had happened from Dinah but as she had been asleep at the time of the message being sent, she had woken up the news of her older sister no longer getting married.

She had called Dinah in the morning while breakfast was being made. Eleanor was wandering around while Willa, who had stayed the night, slept on the fold out couch bed. She didn't want to go back to her place as it held too many memories. It was also filled with packed boxes as she was intending to move into her new apartment in the next week or so. The new apartment that she had intended to live in with her new wife.

"So I wake up to a text saying very matter-of-factly that Max ran off with another woman and left Will and she showed up on your doorstep crying her eyes out." Hero said as soon as Dinah answered the phone. "What the fuck happened!? Do I have to fly to New York, hunt down Max Emerson and kill someone because I will! I have the flights to New York opened up on my screen and I am willing to go to jail for someone hurting my sister."

"Well hello to you too, Hero." Dinah stated as she tried to lighten the mood a little but felt just as pissed off as Hero was. "And that's essentially it. Willa stayed the night on our couch after crying all of last night. I wouldn't be surprised if she stays a little awhile until she can move into her new apartment."

"Oh shit, the new apartment." Hero said. "She had just signed the lease and paid her first few months of rent. Her and Max were even starting to look at furniture."

"Pretty sure they already brought a couch." Dinah stated.

"A couch? Oh man." Hero then sighed. "Do I need to come to New York or what?"

"I think it's fine right now. She's got us and Elias is always on call if need be too." Dinah said. "Thanks though, Hero."

"Has Will let mom and dad know?"

"I think Eleanor sent them a text."

"What did they say? I bet they're reacting the same way I am right now."

"Not sure yet."

"What's Will doing right now? Is she okay?"

"She's sleeping on the foldout couch. Took her a while to get to sleep last night. El stayed up with her for a long time."

"Where's El? I want to talk to her."

Dinah poked her head into the living room to see Eleanor sitting in the arm chair beside the couch. It looked as though she was waiting for Willa to wake up. She looked exhausted already, her head resting in her hand while her elbow leaned on the arm of the couch. She had bags beginning to form under her eyes but her eyes were set on Willa's sleeping form.

"Babe?" Dinah whispered, grabbing Eleanor's attention. The blonde turned her head to look at her wife, who simply held the phone out for her. "It's Hero."

Eleanor nodded and stood up out of the chair, circling the living room chairs and heading into the kitchen where Dinah was, taking the phone from her wife and pressing it against her ear. "Hey Hero."

"How is she doing? Has she made you watch Superman yet? Do mom and dad know? Are you going to fight Max or am I going to have to?" Hero asked, her questions all coming out so quickly and without any pauses between them. For anyone else, it would have overwhelmed them but Eleanor knew Hero too well and was too used to the quick paced tone she often took on when she was stressed or angry.