Atlanta Living

The plane ride felt longer than any test I've taken in my life but the view was beautiful. When we landed in Atlanta it was about 3:30 and the fall breeze felt beautiful against my skin. The city air was different from South Florida but it would become home and I guess I would get used to it.

"Should we call a taxi now?" Katie said struggling to drag her bags along until she finally gave up.

I nodded and went to grab my phone until some bumped into me making two of my bags fall on the floor.

I went to get up until a hand grabbed mine.

"I'm so sorry, I should really watch where I'm walking" said this older man. "I'm Jim, is this your first time in Georgia?"

Katie stepped in seeing my annoyance and answered his question with a nod. "We were actually heading to our new apartment, do you know where we can get a cab or taxi?"

Jim looked at me almost pleading for a smile and asked what area we were heading to.

"Fulton county" I said forgivingly.

Jim's face lit up.

"Great, I have a few past clients who live out there and I was just heading to see them. I can give you a ride if you want. I owe you that much for knocking you over" he said shaking the keys to his car.

I let out a dry laugh not sure if I should take up his offer but Katie stepped in once again and accepted the offer.

I sighed as Jim helped us carry our bags to his car.

...

I saw the sign welcoming us to Fulton county and pulled my jacket closer together. I couldn't lie to myself and say Georgia was not beautiful. I promised myself that I would go and see the country before it was time to go back to Florida.

"So tell us more about yourself. What kind of clients do you have?" I asked Jim snapping out of my thoughts.

"I managed a male artist group a couple years back. I've been with them since they were very young. Does the name B5 ring a bell?" Jim said looking through the car mirror.

Katie laughed and asked "'Whose afraid of the bad wolf' B5?"

Jim smiled and nodded as he turned into a beautiful two story house surrounded by the trees of Georgia.

"Yes, but now they are young men and you two get the chance to meet them" he said shutting off the car.

I hopped out the car and let out a huge stretch while I took in the cool air of a concluding day. It wouldn't hurt making some new friends, especially famous ones.

"I'm outside, I have guests" said Jim talking on his iPhone.

"Jim's here" I heard someone yell from inside.

The door opened and a very handsome guy stood drinking a beer. He had bushy, beautiful, silky curly hair and the most gorgeous brown eyes.

"Jimboooooooo! What's good man, what took you so long? We have the burgers on the grill" said the handsome guy.

"Hey Pat, sorry had to make a stop at the airport and kind of knocked over some newbies to Georgia. Thought the least I could do is give them some VIP treatment" Jim said looking sympathetically at us once again.

I smiled, extended my hand and said "I'm Julie and this is Katie."

"We just recently graduated and we are going to be doing some work here for the next year." Katie said smiling.

He grabbed my hand and smiled without teeth but with his eyes.

"Nice to meet you guys, the food should be ready in a minute, come on in" he said letting go of my hand and holding open the door to let us in.

I got excited walking into this beautiful house until I forgot to call Kaloub upon my arrival. I took out my phone and turned it on waiting for the messages and missed calls to flood in.

"Hey, come take a seat in the living room with everyone else" Jim called from the couch. I could see Katie already mingling. I wish I was as open as she was.

I walked in and saw a lot more people then I expected.

"Julie, this is Bryan and his fiancé Ahrielle, Dustin, son and girlfriend Loissa, Kelly, Carnell and his girlfriend Desiree, Mama Adrian, and last but not least Patrick and his girlfriend Brya" Jim said.

"Hey guys" I said letting out an awkward wave and smile immediately regretting ever getting off the airport floor.

"Beer?" Dustin asked Katie and I.

"Sure" I said... "Why not?"

I immediately looked down at my phone and saw 3 missed calls and 5 messages and none of them belonged to Kaloub.