"Mad girl! Romancing in front of me!" their mother feigned shock and lightly patted Priyanka's head.

"Um hi Priyanka, how are you?" Shivay muttered, and then glanced at the older woman uncomfortably. Anika's mother, Shiela realized he was uncomfortable with Priyanka displaying affection around her, she thought of letting them be and was about to leave when Priyanka chirped loudly, "Come baby, I will take you to Anika di, bet she will be surprised to see you!!!" she almost pulled Shivay towards Anika's room when Shiela stopped her.

"Beta Anika is getting ready, how can you take Rudra betaji now? She will get late for the function" she told Priyanka gently.

"Offo Badi Ma, nothing will happen I will take five minutes pleaseee" she coaxed and Shiela allowed.

Shivay's heart was hammering inside his chest as he followed Priyanka. He turned around one last time to see Om and Mallika showing him thumbs-up, he smiled and walked ahead.

Priyanka knocked her door, and called from outside, "diii...are you done, look who has come - Rudra! He wants to meet you!!" she said loudly.

Anika who was ready with her plan of action, stopped suddenly, what was Rudra doing here? She was almost tempted to open the door, but she stopped, she didn't have time now - she had to hurry.

"Two minutes Mallika, I am tying up the dupatta" she shouted back. A smiled escaped Shivay's lip hearing her voice. Her voice was so melodious he thought.

"Stop smiling at her voice! You will give away the plan" Priyanka hissed from beside. Then she shouted back, "Okay di, I am taking him to the living room, call me once you're done". Then she caught hold of Shivay's hand and led him away - as much as Shivay wanted to protest, he knew standing like a lovesick puppy outside Anika's door would give him away, so he followed her unwillingly.

***

She thought this hoodie would work the best as it completely covered her face, as much as that made life easier, but it was also disturbing her line of vision - she slowly pushed up her hoodie and scanned the backyard, other than the helpers and attendants, no family member was outside - she sighed in relief. Then she tip-toed out of the balcony attached to her room into the backyard and soon she jumped over their low fencing and ran as fast as her legs could take her. When she reached her destination, she saw him sitting on a bench in the park, looking distantly at nothing in particular.

"What is wrong with you man?" Anika asked in anger.

Dev slowly looked up at her, his face was drooped, clearly he was sad, very sad. "Sorry Anika, I know I shouldn't have been so impulsive, but it's in my head ever since I saw her - I thought I was over her, it's been years and it was purely one-sided - but last week when you guys came over for dinner and I saw her, I was back to square one - I was feeling hopeless for never having confessed my feelings to her - what if there was a chance. I know I am late, she was telling me she has a boyfriend, but..." Dev sighed.

"Dev! Why are you thinking all this now?" asked an exasperated Anika. "I thought you had given it a thought when you said yes to me? I had asked you! But you made me belief we are going to work out - and yes she has a boyfriend and he is here too - he arrived today morning. Dev stop tormenting yourself - imagine how shocked I was when you texted me saying you want to runaway? I must be the first bride to be in the history of Indian brides to have run away from her own roka, to try and stop the groom from permanently running away!!" she breathed hard.

"Sorry Anne" Dev mumbled holding Anika's shoulder gently. Anika flinched, "Dev, just one thing, NEVER EVER call me Anne EVER" she said breathing hard, Dev sighed, "Sorry Anika, I know..he use to call you that right? I wont. I promise - and I wont run away either - come I will drop you home and then go get ready - I have to be at yours this afternoon for the roka, remember?" he smiled.