Om nodded silently and sighed, so much for love - Shivay was a fool, he couldn't have got a better girl than Anika. He soothingly hugged Anika, and for once in her life, Anika felt what a friend's affection might feel like - she felt loved, cared for and protected. She clutched his tee and weeped on his shoulder as Om gently patted her on her shoulder.

Shivay while entering inside the same cafe with Tia, happened to notice Om hugging a girl, he instantly put on his lopsided smile and thought of catching him off guard - he vaguely remembered him telling him that he had found someone, but due to auditions and the pressure it had escaped his mind - as he proceeded with Tia at his toes, he stopped dead on his track when the girl raised her head and broke the hug - it couldn't be - it was Anika. Anika and Om? Shivay stood there motionless for a second and caught Tia by her wrist and walked out unnoticed by Om and Anika. He didn't know what infuriated him, why was he feeling revolted, but he was.

As Shivay silently walked back to their campus, the rational part of him argued, why not? Afterall Om had always sided Anika, he had been her sole support when all of them were ignoring her, he was a nice guy, so it wasn't wrong of Anika to like him, but then why was he bothered? Why didn't he like it? Maybe because he had told Anika he loved Tia but Anika didn't confide in him? Could that be? Surely it was that.

Tia on the other hand was silent too, so behenji had finally played some trick on her bhai - this was what she feared, having to be associated with the behenji - seriously, bhai had such bad taste in women? But on the other hand maybe it was not such a bad thing after all - she was getting annoyed Shivay's closeness with Anika, this could take care of all that - Shivay would know his limits, even if he felt for her, and that was enough for her.

"Shivay baby!! I am so happy for them - bhai and Anika look so cute together nah!!" she squealed and Shivay grunted only half-heartedly. Coming to think of it, this Tia was so damn noisy!

***

Mallika was sitting outside her classroom when Daksh came and sat next to her. She was surprised, ever since Daksh had joined college, he had never acknowledged the fact that they knew each other, let alone sit next to each other. But today he came on his own and startled her. She didn't say anything and got up to leave when he suddenly caught her wrist and motioned her to sit down - not wanting to create a scene, she sat down silently.

"I am sorry Mallika. I really am. My mind was clouded with useless concerns and I thought I could leave you because you would be mine anyway - I took you for granted, your love is valuable, but I disrespected it - I am sorry Moo. Please give me a chance, I will never disappoint you again."

Mallika's eyes moistened at "Moo" that was what Daku use to call her, but that Daku had died long since - and this was an invader in his body. She loved Om, he came into her life at a time when she had lost all faith, he reinstilled life in her, she was reborn, and she was now Om's for life. But she wasn't going to explain all this to him, he wouldn't understand anyway - but she had the mind of telling him something indeed.

"You know what Daksh, I hate cappuccino, and I hate cumin cookies too. Oh, I love red velvet cakes and chocolash - the ones kids have? I like to embarrass people around me with my childish antics and I love Disney movies. And you know what Daksh, people still love me for who I am, people still want to be around me and they don't do it as a favour - the Mallika you met on the first day was the real Mallika Daksh, after that whatever she was, she was constructed and customized for you - but you know what, now I know one thing for sure, Daksh you're not worth it after all." She tossed her head and left with that, leaving a stunned Daksh behind.

Mallika was sitting in her room and doing an assignment when Tia danced inside, they were having a cold war now, ever since Daksh and Tia were going out - but today after a long time, Tia flashed her smile at Mallika. She hugged Mallika and told her that she had no idea that Daksh was Mallika's when they started, but then it was too late when she knew - she said she wasn't with Daksh anymore, and their's was nothing more than a friendly fling - she wished to have her friend back. Mallika looked at her calmly for a moment, true she wouldn't ever trust Tia again, but even she had to make amends with her eventually. After all she was Om's cousin. So she smiled and returned the hug.

"Awww Mallis it's so good to be back together isn't it. I missed you!! And oh, welcome to the family yaar!!" she jumped in joy leaving Mallika puzzled. "family" did Om tell her about them? Why didn't he tell her then?

"Family?" she mouthed.

"Arre don't tell me she's hidden it from you too! Arre your sister loves Om!! So she will soon be family right? And you as her sister is extended family!"

Time seemed to have stopped for Mallika. Di loved OM? Om is the man who didn't reciprocate to di's feelings because he loved "someone else" - and she was the someone else? She was the reason, her di had cried to sleep? Of course di didn't know she was dating Om, she had told him to wait till she confided in her herself, and so far she hadn't.

Mallika's world collapsed before her very own eyes. And Om? He loved her not her di - what could she do to change that?

***

7:37p.m. [Hey Anika, Mallika has decided to give me a chance. I guess we were always meant to be]

Anika stared at Daksh's text in disbelief. She knew Mallika would eventually forgive him, but so abruptly? Well she was Mallika, there was no telling!

"What happened Anika, why do you look so zapped?" asked Om, while having dinner. Ever since after noon Om had spent the rest of the day with Anika, to ensure that she didn't feel low.

"It's, my sister Mallika, her abruptness still manages to catch me off guard." She replied. Om stiffened. How much he wished he could confide in Anika, but Mallika had made him promise that he needed to wait till she thought it was the right time. So he asked as nonchalantly as possible,

"Why what did she do?"

"She was about to be engaged to a guy, who had previously gone ahead and dumped her, but now when he realized his mistake, she has forgiven him just like that..Imagine, no frill, no anger, just plain acceptance." She mused.

Om's world crashed to his feet.